Senior Director, Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Interested in helping to develop and commercialize cutting edge technologies at the intersection of biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and single cell multiomics? Come join Deepcell and make a difference!
Deepcell is an AI-powered platform that analyzes, classifies and isolates label-free, viable cells based on their visual features for use in basic and translational research across the life sciences industry.
Deepcell was spun out of Dr. Euan Ashley's lab at Stanford in 2017 and since then we have built multiple prototypes and established several collaborations with industry and academic leaders. Results have been presented at conferences such as ASCB, AGBT and AACR among others and we are backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz and Bow Capital.
The Senior Director, Marketing drives the marketing launch strategy and execution for the AI-powered platform in line with the company’s overall business strategy. Working with internal and external teams, you will align the teams on go-to-market strategy and execution timelines including the marketing plan, tactics, channel strategy and pricing. Close coordination with R&D core teams, outside partners and executive leadership, among other key functions, will be critical to support and achieve commercial objectives.
● Define and lead downstream marketing strategy and tactics:
o Marketing mix, channel strategy, positioning, branding, including managing external agencies. Leads strategy and tactics for paid, earned, shared and owned media
o Leads strategy and execution of conferences, trade shows, and major events in collaboration with Medical & Scientific Affairs
o Responsibility for global marketing budget
● Represent voice of the customer inside the company in cross-functional teams:
o Understand and represent voice of the customer
o Collaborate on executing market research with Product Management and R&D team members
● Long-term strategic product vision: in collaboration with Product Management, executive leadership and cross functional team leads, inform the long-term strategic product vision and support in its execution
● Customer management: drive Lead Generation strategy and efforts
● Leadership: hire, develop and manage the Marketing function and team
● Sales support: owns the development of sales tools, product collateral and the timely
implementation of our tactics, training and support to reach market development and
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences and/or MBA preferred
- Must have experience in product launch and downstream marketing, preferably also in Sales
- 6+ years experience in role preferred; minimum 5 years of experience in marketing and/or product management in the Life Sciences field required
- Track record of building and effectively leading a highly functioning marketing team
- Skilled at developing and maintaining highly effective cross functional relationships across the organization – with R&D, Product Development, Marketing and Program Management teams
- Successful team leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently both strategically and tactically, and assist less experienced peers when necessary
- Ability to travel ~25% of the time
Deepcell believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.