Senior Manager, Instrument Software
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
Interested in helping to develop and commercialize cutting edge technologies at the intersection of biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and single cell multiomics? Come join Deepcell and make a difference! Deepcell is an AI-powered platform that analyzes, classifies and isolates label-free, viable cells based on their visual features for use in basic and translational research across the life sciences industry. Deepcell was spun out of Dr. Euan Ashley's lab at Stanford in 2017 and since then we have built multiple prototypes and established several collaborations with industry and academic leaders. Results have been presented at conferences such as ASCB, AGBT and AACR among others and we are backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley including Andreessen Horowitz, KDT, Casdin, Bow Capital.
The Instrument Software team at Deepcell is responsible for developing and releasing software that controls the instrument. In this role, as the Senior Software Manager, you will help manage this team; help maintain and improve existing processes, engage with stakeholders to understand requirements and manage the delivery and release of the software. You are a hands-on technical leader capable and willing to do on-instrument work and write code and review PRs as necessary. The team follows a Lean/Kanban methodology and you will help maintain an environment where everyone on the team can thrive and do their best work.
Qualifications / Skills
- Help the team deliver high quality software on schedule.
- Hands-on coding/technical work 25% of time.
- Foster an environment that enables everyone on the team to thrive.
- Maintain and update processes (meetings, backlog grooming, retrospectives) as necessary.
- Good understanding of the instrument and the systems that rely on software to be successful.
- Participate and guide design and code reviews as necessary.
- Work closely with stakeholders (Product, Biology, HW and Data Science) to understand requirement details.
- Work with upstream teams so they understand and deliver the software team’s requirements.
- Work with SQA and System Integration teams to create test plans and deliver well tested software.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of coding experience.
- Master’s degree with 7+ years of coding experience.
- Minimum 3 years leading a cross functional team (Developers, testers, etc.). Team should have been building on-instrument software.
- Direct management experience as a functional manager.
- Experience with the C# tech stack (C#, WPF, AppVeyor, BitBucket, Jira)
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work with scientists from other disciplines. Specifically, the ability to understand their needs and convert them to software requirements.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced culture in a growing company.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary range is $175,000 - $200,000 DOE
- Pre-IPO Equity
- Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision
- On-site Lunch and Snacks
- Gym Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
Deepcell believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
See more open positions at Deepcell
Something looks off?