Regulatory Affairs and Compliance Analyst
The Regulatory Affairs and Compliance Analyst supports organizational compliance by tracking and implementing new
regulations, maintaining effective relationships with regulators, collaborating with business stakeholders, and analyzing
and leading compliance issue investigations and corrective action plans.
● Track new legislation and rulemaking and facilitate the dissemination to relevant stakeholders.
● Lead internal implementation efforts, including evaluating new legislative requirements, working with business
areas to identify action steps, and tracking to completion. Ensure that all implementation activities are completed
by the effective date.
● Engage with internal stakeholders to develop comments on proposed regulations for submission to state or federal
trades, or state agencies, under the direction of the Director of Compliance.
● Form positive, collaborative, working relationships with key contacts within assigned state departments of
● Act as Subject Matter Expert and resource for business regarding applicable state regulations. Respond to day-to-
day questions within the organization regarding laws and regulations, internal policies, and compliance.
● Collaborate with Corporate Compliance to identify and deliver specialized trainings, where appropriate.
● Facilitate organizational compliance with state and federal regulations.
● Investigate compliance issues and facilitate corrective action plans and fully document findings and remediation
in GRC system.
● Create, maintain, and evaluate team policies and procedures. Collaborate with business areas to develop and
update organizational policies and procedures.
● Performs additional responsibilities as needed or assigned.
● Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of experience in health insurance industry required, or equivalent combination
of education (E.g., J.D. or Masters) and relevant regulatory experience. J.D. helpful but not required. Experience
with regulatory affairs or regulatory compliance in the Texas or Florida markets preferred, but not required.
● CHC or similar certification desirable but not required.
● Self-directed with ability to independently research and creatively problem solve. Initiative to raise concerns or
suggestions and act as champion for action.
● Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate with and advise all departments,
including senior/ executive positions, interpretation, and impact of regulatory requirements.
● Knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes, including regulatory administration and enforcement.
● Ability to analyze, interpret, and convey complex information in a simple and understandable manner.
● Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize large workloads and competing deadlines.
● Ability to identify and evaluate potential compliance issues and develop recommendations for remediation.
● Ability to conduct thorough root cause analyses.
● Strong attention to detail and skill in accurately drafting and editing documents.
● Experience with project management beneficial.