Scientist II/Sr. Scientist, Analytical Chemistry
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Circle Pharma is a dynamic biotech company that has raised $160 million to date from industry-leading investors. We are transitioning into a clinical-stage company, and we’re currently developing a first-in-class precision oncology pipeline that addresses severe unmet medical needs by harnessing a novel, cell-permeable, oral macrocycle platform.
We seek candidates who desire to make key contributions to help drive our growth. For more information about Circle Pharma, please see our website, www.circlepharma.com
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated Analytical Chemist to join our small molecule drug discovery team at the Scientist II/Sr Scientist level. The successful candidate will lead the lab based analytical and purification activities supporting our discovery programs. It’s critical that the candidate has a deep passion for drug discovery coupled with extensive hands-on analytical development expertise.
What You'll Do:
- Lead in-house analytical and purification team to support small molecules/peptides drug discovery programs. Provide guidance and mentoring for junior scientists.
- Perform HPLC/UPLC, LCMS method development and analysis for purity assessment, identification of impurities, determination of chemical and formulation stability, and preparative scale purification. Manage outsourced analytical and purification activities as needed.
- Oversee analytical/purification instrumentations, coordinate troubleshooting, routine service and maintenance. Bring in new technologies and methodologies to expand capabilities and operational efficiency.
- Lead analytical/purification team, provide guidance and mentoring for junior scientists.
- Provide regular updates to multidisciplinary teams and senior management. Lead or contribute to the writing of study reports, SOPs, scientific publications, and patent applications.
- Working on site at our lab in South San Francisco, CA is required.
- PhD in relevant scientific area with 2+ years of relevant experience -or- BS/MS with 10+ years industry experience, coupled with clear professional achievements. More years of experience would qualify you as a Sr. Scientist.
- Hands on experience with analytical techniques and related method development for small molecules/peptide and formulations required, including UPLC/HPLC, LCMS. Experience with prep LC or SFC is required. Experience with troubleshooting and maintenance for UPLC/HPLC, LCMS, and prep LC or SFC is plus.
- Knowledge with small molecular/peptide drug discovery and early-stage development is plus.
- Proven track record in applying analytical techniques to solve challenging problems.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Collaborative and good team player.
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills. Prior people management experience is desired.
Circle Pharma recognizes that the success of our endeavors depends on the success of every team member. Your well-being is our top priority, and we are proud to offer a comprehensive total rewards package. Our benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, and vision care. We also provide a 401(k) plan with a generous company contribution, and all of our offers contain a stock option component. We provide company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability. Additionally, we provide many company-paid holidays, including a winter break at the close of the calendar year.
Circle Pharma is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
While COVID-19 has affected the way we operate, we are still hiring, and look forward to receiving your application! Here at Circle Pharma, the health of our team members is a top priority. Our application process for prospective new team members will include initial virtual video interviews and may also include in-person interviews during which we will pay special attention to the distance and hygiene rules recommended by the CDC. We recognize that these are difficult times, and we are doing everything possible to keep our employees safe while also conducting our work to bring new cancer therapies to patients.