Associate Director/Director, Delivery Sciences
Chroma Medicine is pioneering a new class of genomic medicines that harness epigenetics, nature’s innate mechanism for gene regulation, revolutionizing the treatment of genetically driven diseases. As a start-up genomic medicine company with world-leading scientific founders, strong investment backing including Newpath Partners and Atlas Venture, and experienced leadership, Chroma is positioned to be the leader in epigenetic editing.
The epigenome is nature’s gatekeeper for gene expression, governing cell phenotype and function by precisely controlling gene activity without changing the underlying DNA sequence. Building on groundbreaking research from the world’s foremost genomic medicine experts, Chroma Medicine is working at the cutting edge of precision genomics, building an entirely new class of therapeutics to achieve unparalleled control of gene expression.
We are hiring at our Boston, Massachusetts site, offering a unique opportunity to be part of our foundational Chroma team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to Sr. Director of Process Development & Delivery, you will lead the development and optimization of Chroma’s LNP formulations and collaborate with both internal research teams and external CROs/CDMOs to support multiple programs.
- Leverage both internal team and external CROs to optimize and produce high quality LNPs for our leading programs. Provide SME support for external production at our CDMO partners.
- Lead and develop a high-performing Delivery team, including initiating excellent laboratory and documentation practice, providing hands-on support in the lab to train the team and run process operations, and provide mentorship and development opportunities for the team.
- Contribute as CMC Delivery representative for GMP production support & lead regulatory filing sections as needed. Collaborate with key stakeholders from payload, preclinical, manufacturing, analytical, and other internal functions to support program, department, and corporate goals.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Impactful leadership skills and demonstrated ability to build and lead a new team
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills, including an ability to combine attention to detail with a big picture perspective.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience presenting scientific research.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and, at times, uncertain or changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful.
- Adept at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously, integrating cross-functional issues, and balancing competing priorities effectively.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset with a desire to positively impact a new company’s evolving culture. Passionate, adaptable, and keen on working in the fast-paced biotech startup space to drive cutting-edge science.
- A minimum of 7 years in the biopharmaceutical industry with a proven track record of leading innovative oligonucleotide delivery and formulation & development of LNP is required, including tech transfer to GMP suites.
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Chemistry, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or related life sciences field with strong scientific background.
- Experience in leading a team of direct reports and providing guidance and mentorship to junior scientists.
- Experience supporting development programs, including communicating between CMC and Program Teams.
Chroma Medicine is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Chroma Medicine complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: All Chroma Medicine team members must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement includes a booster dose once eligible. Requests for exemptions for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.