Next Generation Sequencing Co-Op (Northeastern University Students)
Chroma Medicine is pioneering a new class of genomic medicines that harness epigenetics, nature’s innate mechanism for gene regulation, revolutionizing the treatment of genetically driven diseases. As a start-up genomic medicine company with world-leading scientific founders, strong investment backing including Newpath Partners and Atlas Venture, and experienced leadership, Chroma is positioned to be the leader in epigenetic editing.
The epigenome is nature’s gatekeeper for gene expression, governing cell phenotype and function by precisely controlling gene activity without changing the underlying DNA sequence. Building on groundbreaking research from the world’s foremost genomic medicine experts, Chroma Medicine is working at the cutting edge of precision genomics, building an entirely new class of therapeutics to achieve unparalleled control of gene expression.
We are hiring at our Boston, Massachusetts site, offering a unique opportunity to be part of our foundational Chroma team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a remarkable Next Generation Sequencing Co-Op to join our Data Sciences team!
Growing your career as a co-op at Chroma Medicine is an incredible opportunity to work in a fast-paced biotech start-up focused on cutting-edge science. At Chroma, you can expect to be placed on a real project under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization and the biotech industry, and join us for several fun events.
- Assist the NGS team in nucleic acid isolation, quality control, and library preparation
- Document experimental results via electronic lab notebook in an accurate and timely manner
- Compile, analyze and present data for NGS group meetings and Data Sciences group meetings
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills, including an ability to combine attention to detail with a big picture perspective
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience presenting scientific research both internally across all levels of the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and, at times, uncertain or changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful
- Adept at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously, integrating cross-functional issues, and balancing competing priorities effectively
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset with a desire to positively impact a new company’s evolving culture
- Passionate, adaptable, and keen on working in the fast-paced biotech startup space to drive cutting-edge science
- Candidates must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in a biology-related degree program with previous relevant co-op or internship experience a plus
- Solid pipetting skills
- Understanding of Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Chroma Medicine is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Chroma Medicine complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: All Chroma Medicine team members must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement includes a booster dose once eligible. Requests for exemptions for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.