Cellino is building a precision platform that personalizes human cells for all. Stem cell-derived regenerative medicines are poised to cure some of the toughest diseases within this decade, including Parkinson’s, diabetes, and heart disease. Patient-specific cells provide the safest, most effective cures for these indications. Currently, large scale production of stem cell therapies is challenging due to extensive manual handling, high variability, and expensive manufacturing costs. Cellino’s vision is to enable healthier lives worldwide with personalized human cells.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled accounting professional to be part of building our Finance team. In this high-impact role, you will lead key day-to-day financial operations and compliance functions. You will oversee the month-end close process and partner with the VP of Finance to scale our financial operations with Cellino’s growth. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of accounting principles, excellent analytical skills, strategic mindset, and hands-on approach.
- Full ownership of the general ledger, monthly close and financial controls
- Accountability and hands-on involvement in all company accounting-related matters
- Oversight of the general ledger, including month-end/quarter-end/year-end close activities (journal entries, reconciliations, P&L review, etc.)
- Manage all accounting processes, including accounts payable, procurement and payroll
- Manage fixed asset accounting, ensuring that capitalization/depreciation policies are followed
- Maintain consolidation reporting
- Partner with the VP of Finance in developing policies and interpretation of GAAP guidance for key accounting and reporting areas as needed
- Research and analyze technical accounting matters to support development of company policies and documentation
- Collaborate with the VP of Finance and Leadership Team in the development and implementation of new and existing policies and internal controls to improve efficiency across the organization
- Develop, implement and document new accounting policies and procedures appropriate for the company’s stage of growth
- Support and coordinate preparation for financial statement audits and tax compliance reporting (federal/state/sales tax filings and other compliance)
- Other duties commensurate with the position
- A combination of experience in public accounting and industry experience
- CPA and Bachelor’s degree required, Masters of Accounting preferred
- Prior experience with ERP implementation, such as NetSuite or equal-caliber ERP system, is a must
- Thorough and current knowledge of GAAP accounting principles including experience with complex technical accounting matters
- Meaningful experience with the responsibilities listed for this role
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Growth mindset, adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- Competitive salaries
- Stock options
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) available
- Generous paid time off and sick leave + 12 company holidays
- Parental leave
It is the policy of Cellino Biotech, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Cellino does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from potential candidates. Any resumes submitted by a staffing agency in the absence of a current executed contract will automatically become Cellino's property and no recruiting fees or other obligations will be owed in the event of a potential hiring.