Senior Systems Engineer
Cellino is building a precision platform that personalizes human cells for all. Stem cell-derived regenerative medicines are poised to cure some of the toughest diseases within this decade, including Parkinson’s, diabetes, and heart disease. Patient-specific cells provide the safest, most effective cures for these indications. Currently, large scale production of stem cell therapies is challenging due to extensive manual handling, high variability, and expensive manufacturing costs. Cellino’s vision is to enable healthier lives worldwide with personalized human cells.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Systems Engineer to join our dynamic team focused on developing this transformative platform. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in designing and implementing the system architecture, cross-functionally collaborating both with key stakeholders as well as developers, and ultimately defining what a successful product should look like.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop system architecture that meets current needs and is forward thinking
- Work with both key stakeholders and contributors to establish and pressure test requirements
- Use a variety of system engineering tools (trade-off, modeling, etc…) to optimize performance and predict potential risks
- Work closely with developers to work out proof of concept and refine requirements. Work across groups to ensure interface requirements are supported
- Create detailed documentation of the system, with both the key stakeholders and contributors as audience, to ensure clear understanding of the system is achieved. Be the "storyteller" of how the product functions
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Systems Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field
- Proven experience (5+ years) in designing system architecture for complex laboratory devices or medical instruments
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to identify and address technical challenges
- Experience with project management methodologies and tools
- Comfortable working with a cross-functional team of engineers and scientists, able to communicate in a collaborative nature
Nice-to-Have Skills and Background
- Proficiency in systems modeling (i.g. SyML, UML), simulation tools (MatLab, custom software, etc…), and requirement management tools desired
- Experience with fluidic systems, optical systems and electromechanical integration
- Familiarity with cell therapy processes, laboratory practices, and/or working in a highly regulatory environment is a significant advantage
- Competitive salaries
- Stock options
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Generous paid time off and sick leave + 12 company holidays
- Parental leave
It is the policy of Cellino Biotech, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Cellino does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from potential candidates. Any resumes submitted by a staffing agency in the absence of a current executed contract will automatically become Cellino's property and no recruiting fees or other obligations will be owed in the event of a potential hiring.