Senior Scientist, Process Development (I,II,III)
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Cellares is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Senior Scientist with expertise in cell therapy manufacturing to join the Process Development team. This individual will interface across many parts of the company and contribute significantly to the development of our advanced cell therapy manufacturing platform.
The primary focus of this position is to design and implement new cell therapy processes to expand and drive continuous improvement of the Cellares platform. The ideal candidate will be a technical leader and cross-functional collaborator with demonstrated expertise in developing robust autologous and allogeneic cell therapy processes.
Candidates should also enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and be prepared to tackle a broad selection of challenges as the company grows.
- Lead multifaceted process development efforts to drive continuous improvement of the Cellares platform
- Lead technology transfer efforts to implement new processes and technologies in collaboration with Analytical Development, MSAT, Quality, Manufacturing, and Engineering
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies for benchmark testing with Cellares instruments
- Author and review technical documents, procedures, reports and presentations to ensure accuracy and quality
- Coordinate day-to-day team efforts and provide technical training and guidance to junior team members
- Perform routine laboratory activities including ordering, restocking, and equipment qualification/maintenance
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with 6-21 years of process development experience in the cell and gene therapy field
- Subject-matter expert in T-cell, HSC, B, or other immune cell therapy modality
- Extensive hands-on experience with commercial cell processing instruments (Miltenyi Prodigy, Lonza Cocoon, Xuri Wave)
- Familiarity with new cell editing technologies (CRISPR, TALENs, ZFNs, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Able to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP regulations and ICH guidelines preferred
- Self-awareness, integrity, authenticity, and a growth mindset.
This is Cellares
Cellares is the first Integrated Development and Manufacturing Organization (IDMO) and takes an Industry 4.0 approach to mass manufacturing the living drugs of the 21st century. The company is both developing and operating integrated technologies for cell therapy manufacturing to accelerate access to life-saving cell therapies. The company’s Cell Shuttle integrates all the technologies required for the entire manufacturing process in a flexible and high-throughput platform that delivers true walk-away, end-to-end automation. Cell Shuttles will be deployed in Cellares’ Smart Factories around the world to meet total patient demand for cell therapies at global scale. Partnering with Cellares enables academics, biotechs, and pharma companies to accelerate drug development and scale out manufacturing, lower process failure rates, lower manufacturing costs, and meet global patient demand.
The company is headquartered in South San Francisco, California with its commercial-scale IDMO Smart Factory in Bridgewater, New Jersey. The company is backed by world-class investors and has raised over $355 million in financing.
Leveling will be based on overall experience, education, and demonstration of knowledge throughout the interview process.