South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
We are seeking a Mechanical Designer/Drafter to facilitate engineers with drawings, documentation and designs using SolidWorks, PDM and Arena.
The primary focus of this position will be to assist engineers with designs, ECOs, documentation and drawings to meet quality guidelines/requirements.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and be prepared to tackle a broad selection of challenges as the company grows.
- Create drawings and CAD models working closely with engineers (Mechanical and Electrical)
- Create work instructions and assembly drawings to facilitate transferring products to manufacturing
- Redesign standard products, improving quality and productivity, while reducing costs
- Participate in cross functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design, and quality problems, and to ensure continuous improvement of processes and methods
- Stay current and informed of new developments in industry and new parts or methods to improve products or product designs
- Work on proposal drawings
- Demonstrate proficiency with using Arena
- Familiarity and ability to use Solidworks and PDM
- Comply with all housekeeping procedures, quality standards, and safety regulations
- Complete special projects, as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Design or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5-8 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Self-awareness, integrity, authenticity, and a growth/entrepreneurial mindset
Nice to Haves
- Maintain Solidworks and PDM accounts and workflows
- Maintain master starter models in SolidWorks
- Maintain master drawings in SolidWorks
- Responsible for PDM vault maintenance
- Maintain SolidWorks and PDM and apply updates to engineering department computers
- Develop and update design standards
- Familiarity and ability to use Zuken
This is Cellares
Cellares is the first Integrated Development and Manufacturing Organization (IDMO) and takes an Industry 4.0 approach to mass manufacturing the living drugs of the 21st century. The company is both developing and operating integrated technologies for cell therapy manufacturing to accelerate access to life-saving cell therapies. The company’s Cell Shuttle integrates all the technologies required for the entire manufacturing process in a flexible and high-throughput platform that delivers true walk-away, end-to-end automation. Cell Shuttles will be deployed in Cellares’ Smart Factories around the world to meet total patient demand for cell therapies at global scale. Partnering with Cellares enables academics, biotechs, and pharma companies to accelerate drug development and scale out manufacturing, lower process failure rates, lower manufacturing costs, and meet global patient demand.
The company is headquartered in South San Francisco, California with its commercial-scale IDMO Smart Factory in Bridgewater, New Jersey. The company is backed by world-class investors and has raised over $355 million in financing.
Leveling will be based on overall experience, education, and demonstration of knowledge throughout the interview process.