Director, Product Management
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2023
We are seeking a Director, Product Management to collaborate with leadership and functional partners to create a portfolio of products to drive growth in Cellares’ business.
This person will be responsible for setting the product vision, driving the overall product strategy for one or more Cellares products, including market and competitive analysis, business case development, long-term product direction and roadmap, and go-to-market strategy.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and be prepared to tackle a broad selection of challenges as the company grows.
- Analyze the Cell and Gene Therapy marketplace, gather inputs from clients and assess competitors to determine the vision of new products or future direction, understand and help identify business value, understand required use cases and capabilities, and translate these into product requirements
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the needs and usage profiles of different target users for product and prioritize solutions to those needs
- Develop and implement roadmap priorities, balancing the customers’ short-term needs with the development of scalable technology to maximize long-term portfolio potential
- Work with engineering to scope product delivery and understand development alternatives and support build/buy economics
- Monitor progress of the product through the product development life cycle, identifying risks and opportunities
- Work with marketing to create the overall go-to-market strategies and plans, develop clear product positioning
- 7+ years of experience in a business strategy or product strategy role, with extensive customer-facing experience
- Demonstrated success in effectively setting product vision, product definition, including target customer, core value proposition, core features and business model
- Must have led at least one successful, new product development initiative from inception through launch
- Must possess a combination of strong analytical skills and creative intuition enabling a blend of data-driven and insight-driven strategy development
- Good presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written) exhibiting fundamental collaboration skills with multiple stakeholders and influence across cross-functional teams and leadership
- Able to join client meetings as a product expert with prior experience having full project ownership
Annual Salary Range: $170,000-$220,000
Cellares total compensation package contains competitive base salaries, highly subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, 401(k) Matching, Free EV Charging, Onsite lunches, and Stock options. All displayed pay ranges are approximate, negotiable, and location dependent.
This is Cellares
Cellares is creating the future of cell therapy manufacturing. The company is developing an innovative cell therapy manufacturing solution that is robust, cost-effective and scalable so that cell therapies are more affordable and widely available to patients in need. Our multidisciplinary team comes together from diverse backgrounds with a shared passion for accelerating access to life-saving cell therapies. We value integrity, curiosity, the courage to grow and embrace change. At Cellares, you will collaborate with a world class team of engineers, scientists, and business leaders who are as excited about improving the world as you are.
Leveling will be based on overall experience, education, and demonstration of knowledge throughout the interview process.
See more open positions at Cellares
Something looks off?