We’re a well-funded early-stage start-up. You’ll get a chance to wear many hats, be a part of a growing team, and have the potential for exciting financial and career growth.
Here’s what sets us apart. We’ve set our sights on some of the biggest challenges facing biology today. We’re amassing a world class team of engineers, scientists, team builders and problem solvers to tackle these challenges heads-on. We’re passionate about developing the next generation technologies that will unravel the complexities of biology.
This is a unique opportunity to build, be part of an early-stage start-up and be surrounded by good humans who are super capable, humble and down-to- earth.
Cellanome is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic Research Associate to join our team. The RA will be responsible for doing lab based experimental work and supporting a small group of Scientists.
- Conduct laboratory experiments in molecular and cell biology, following established protocols and optimizing procedures as needed.
- Perform cell culture, cell-based assays, and molecular biology techniques to investigate research questions.
- Document and analyze experimental data accurately and thoroughly, communicating results within and across teams.
- Maintain availability of common reagents for the team.
- Follow laboratory safety protocols and maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field required.
- Experience working in a research lab, preferably in a cell biology or related field.
- Familiarity with various cell biology techniques, such as cell culture, microscopy, cell staining, and cell-based assays.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow experimental protocols precisely.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
We provide competitive total compensation packages, including base pay, benefits, and equity. In California, the estimated base salary range for this position is $65,000 - $85,000/year. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
What you can expect from us:
You’ll feel the energy when you walk in our door – we work hard, we have fun and we have ambitious plans to grow. Cellanome offers a comprehensive employment package that includes a competitive salary, generous stock options, great individual, and family health plans, a 401(k) and flexibility to balance work and life.
We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.