Senior Director Supply Chain
We’re a well-funded early-stage start-up. You’ll get a chance to wear many hats, be a part of a growing team, and have the potential for exciting financial and career growth.
Here’s what sets us apart. We’ve set our sights on some of the biggest challenges facing biology today. We’re amassing a world class team of engineers, scientists, team builders and problem solvers to tackle these challenges heads-on. We’re passionate about developing the next generation technologies that will unravel the complexities of biology.
This is a unique opportunity to build, be part of an early-stage start-up and be surrounded by good humans who are super capable, humble and down-to- earth.
The Head of Supply Chain is a strategic, yet hands-on leader capable of implementing the organization, systems and processes for supply chain management, material control, and logistics functions. The job duties include:
- Own the supply chain and logistics strategy and relationships, building successful internal and external partnerships
- Partner with finance to provide current and projected inventory levels and costed finished product information
- Partner with development team and other operations area to identify, select, and manage strategic partners
- Manage partnerships with key suppliers through supply agreement negotiation, provision of forecasts, and performance monitoring
- Manage outsourced distribution activities and maintain strong relationships with 3PLs, CMOs, freight forwarders, and transportation partners
- Create and lead the S&OP process
- Manage import/export processes for international logistics
- Create and report on supply chain & logistics performance through appropriate reports and metrics (KPI’s)
- Collaborate with company leadership on strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business administration, operations, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain management and logistics in a ISO/GMP environment
- Deep knowledge of all materials- related processes for supply chain management, materials management, and logistics
- Experience implementing and utilizing ERP systems (including KPI management of metrics and corrective action planning), MRP process, and leading the S&OP process for an organization, including guiding the executives and stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with suppliers, shippers, and customers
- Experience in both domestic and international transportation and logistics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements (ISO, FDA, QMS, Customs, etc.)
- ASCM/APICS CPIM and/or CSCP certifications preferred
We provide competitive total compensation packages, including base pay, benefits, and equity. We anticipate this job to be at the Director or Senior Director level depending on candidate experience. In California the base salary range for this position is $190,000 - $260,000/year. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
What you can expect from us:
You’ll feel the energy when you walk in our door – we work hard, we have fun and we have ambitious plans to grow. Cellanome offers a comprehensive employment package that includes a competitive salary, generous stock options, great individual, and family health plans, a 401(k) and flexibility to balance work and life.
We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.