We’re a well-funded early-stage start-up. You’ll get a chance to wear many hats, be a part of a growing team, and have the potential for exciting financial and career growth.
Here’s what sets us apart. We’ve set our sights on some of the biggest challenges facing biology today. We’re amassing a world class team of engineers, scientists, team builders and problem solvers to tackle these challenges heads-on. We’re passionate about developing the next generation technologies that will unravel the complexities of biology.
This is a unique opportunity to build, be part of an early-stage start-up and be surrounded by good humans who are super capable, humble and down-to- earth.
Cellanome is seeking a Sr. Accountant to build and evolve our accounting capabilities while actively partnering with our leadership team on programs that drive shareholder value and protect our assets. This role requires a diverse set of both financial and leadership capabilities to engage the organization in defining and executing on aggressive growth initiatives. This is a true start-up role and will be expected to contribute in all areas of our financial operations.
- Help build and lead the accounting team through recruiting and developing talented and passionate individuals and delivering on impactful initiatives critical to Cellanome's success
- Immediate initiatives will include ownership of the monthly close process, payroll, and active participation in ERP implementation
- Develop deep understanding of our business, processes, systems, and how to effectively build/evolve them to support continued growth
- Drive infrastructure, policies, and procedures to support an environment with efficient and effective controls that continuously prepares our company to operate in a public environment
- Active member of the finance team, ready to jump in and support all aspects of finance including accounting, shared service, and financial planning
- Bachelor’s degree required. CPA designation preferred
- Minimum 10 years of operational accounting experience, including exposure to shared services (payroll, audit engagement, and evolving close processes); Start-up experience in life sciences and international operations preferred
- Innate curiosity to deeply understand and participate in Cellanome’s mission and roadmap along with a general passion for the life science space
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a highly innovative, fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills applicable to leading projects, presenting to executive teams, and collaborating with internal and external partners
- Proficient in computer software skills with expertise in Office and ERP systems
- Strong work ethic, leads by example, relentless problem solver, committed to the success of the company and team
We provide competitive total compensation packages, including base pay, benefits, and equity. In California, the estimated base salary range for this position is $130,000-155,000/year. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
What you can expect from us:
You’ll feel the energy when you walk in our door – we work hard, we have fun and we have ambitious plans to grow. Cellanome offers a comprehensive employment package that includes a competitive salary, generous stock options, great individual, and family health plans, a 401(k) and flexibility to balance work and life.
We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?