Digital Marketing Manager
bit.bio is an award-winning spinout from the University of Cambridge. Our breakthrough technology combines synthetic and stem cell biology for the precise, efficient and consistent reprogramming of human cells used in research, drug discovery, and cell therapy. At bit.bio, we are passionate about engineering human cells that will enable the medicine of the future. To do this we need talented and curious people who want to make an impact on the future of science and therapeutics.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Location: Babraham Research Park, Cambridge
Type: Full time / Permanent
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w
Office Based Position - Cambridge, UK with hybrid working available
Your role in our team:
Working within the bit.bio marketing team, you will be the owner of our digital platforms, bringing your expertise to drive our marketing to the next level.
You will be experienced in the use of HubSpot to host websites, capture contacts and then further nurture these customers down the marketing funnel. You will build campaign flows within HubSpot, driving the technical implementation while developing the required dashboards to track and optimise our activities. You will act as a subject matter expert for HubSpot, facilitating and consulting on our digital activities.
As the Digital Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing the functionality of our website, working with the rest of the commercial team to deliver a compelling digital journey to drive conversion from lead to customer. In addition to managing a market leading website, you will need to help to drive traffic to our site, using a variety of channels. To achieve this, you will need to manage our social media platforms while optimising our SEA strategy and delivering new leads.
This job is full of variety, and you’ll need to be able to turn your hand to a multitude of tasks.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Design and oversee all aspects of our digital marketing including our marketing database, SEO/SEM, and display advertising campaigns including AdWords, PPC and programmatic marketing.
- Technically building campaign elements in HubSpot including automations flows, newsletters, landing pages, forms etc.
- Create and update web pages in the bit.bio website, managing content within the CMS.
- Own HubSpot from a marketing perspective, driving the effective use and acting as an SME within the team.
- Manage organic website performance and content to align with SEO best practices.
- Actively manage our AdWords campaigns to maximise effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage our social media platforms, managing posts and helping to develop wider strategies for our different channels.
- Measure and report important metrics to assess performance against goals (ROI and KPIs) and contribute to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed such as identifying critical conversion and drop off points and optimisation of marketing/user funnels.
- Work with the marketing team to brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies as well as supporting the team with additional projects.
- Identify the latest trends and technologies and optimise spend and performance based on these insights.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Have significant experience in a digital marketing position.
- Have demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing databases, social media and/or display advertising campaigns including experience in setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns.
- Are highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate customers to act.
With essential experience in…
- Using HubSpot as an integrated marketing platform.
- Using a CMS to manage website content.
- Understanding social media latest trends and technologies and their role within a commercial environment as a tool to build awareness and capture sales leads in a B2B environment.
- Optimising websites and landing pages.
- Website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, SEMrush).
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Microsoft Office Products, including PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
More reasons to join us:
bit.bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
For information on how we will manage your data please see our Candidate Privacy Notice