Director of Revenue Operations
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Remote · Canada
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
As our Director of Revenue Operations, you’ll play a critical role in optimizing our revenue-generation processes and driving sustainable and predictable revenue growth. You’ll be responsible for managing an A-team that collaborates closely with our GTM teams to:
- Drives full-funnel accountability of all revenue teams
- Aligns all revenue teams through processes, platforms, and people
- Develops and implements strategies to increase revenue efficiency and productivity per person
You’ll design and implement strategies, processes and systems that drive revenue growth, streamline operations and enhance customer experience. The initiatives you run and the team you manage will be critical to BioRender achieving 10x revenue growth over the next 4 years!
What you'll be doing:
- Assume day-to-day management of the current revenue operations team. Quickly understand their strengths and challenges to ensure a cohesive, high-performing team.
- Work cross-functionally with BioRender’s go-to-market leaders to analyze and map out BioRender’s current go-to-market strategy. Identify areas that are low and high ROI, identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Identify, attract and hire A+ players to scale and up level the current team.
- Work collaboratively with BioRender’s go-to-market leaders to do a deep dive on BioRender full serve operations and strategy. Within the first 90 days, your goal is to set strategies in the following areas:
- Segmentation / specialization: define customer segments and specialization strategies to maximize outreach effectiveness
- Pipeline generation and Planning: Create a data-driven pipeline generation and planning strategy that aligns with revenue goals, involving both sales and marketing
- Forecasting: implement advanced forecasting methodologies to provide accurate revenue projections for budgeting and financial planning
- Tech System Roadmap: Evaluate and propose changes or additions to our technology stack to optimize operations and support revenue growth.
- Capacity Planning: Develop a capacity planning model to ensure resources are effectively allocated to meet demand.
- Product Qualified Lead/Account Strategies: Create strategies to nurture product-qualified leads and accounts through the sale funnel.
- Demand Generation: drive demand generation initiatives, utilizing data and analytics to maximize ROI.
- Lead Routing Optimization: Optimize lead routing processes to ensure that every lead is promptly and appropriately followed up by the ideal person within 24 hours.
What you bring to the table:
- You are a director of Revenue Operations or similar GTM operations role at a fast growing product-led (ideally freemium) tech company with at least 3+ years in a similar leadership role
- Deep understanding of product-led SaaS business strategies
- Experience in a target-driven environment and proven track record for achieving and exceeding revenue targets
- Ability to both lead a high-performing team and rolling up your sleeves to actively contribute to the team’s success
- Strong Excel (or equivalent) skills, and technical knowledge of rev-ops systems and tools
- Proven record researching and synthesizing vast amounts of information to provide direction to revenue leadership that has consistently driven positive results
- Track record for identifying and solving operational problems at scale and bringing new ideas to the company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to hire and develop A+ talent
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and act without being told what to do
- Ability to turn projects around quickly AND accurately
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are in the top quartile for profitability and year-over-year revenue growth, with users in 200+ countries.
- BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA.
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
You can read more about our interview process here!