Field and Events Manager
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
Are you a strategic thinker who wants to be a key player at a fast-growing, world-changing company in the next 2-4 years? If so, you might be a great fit for BioRender’s Field and Events Manager!
We are looking for a motivated self-starter to join our Marketing team and play a key role in managing and supporting all in-person and virtual global events, the associated strategy and logistics to grow brand awareness in the market. You’ll be working side by side with our Product, Sales, Customer Success, Finance and Support teams to engage with our scientific audience.
This is a hybrid-friendly role, based in the following States: Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, and Maine.
Our ideal fit:
- Strategic Event & Project Management: You are a strategic thinker with strong project management skills and attention to detail. You have had success planning and executing seamless in-person and virtual events and are able to pivot when needed to get things done!
- Strong Analytical Skills: You care about data and would consider yourself ROI-obsessed.
- Results-Driven Mindset: You are resourceful and can work independently and move projects forward without the internal support of a dedicated team. You are known for your meticulous attention to detail and your ability to be process and action-oriented.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative, cross-functional environment: You can easily build trusted relationships with diverse stakeholders and understand the needs and dynamics of distinct teams as well as the business.
- Ensure successful events through signage, giveaways, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site reach and vetting, staying within budget and on time.
- Excel at coordinating logistics (i.e. registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, on-site production, etc.), contract negotiation and vendor management to secure necessary services and resources for successful events.
- Oversee event timelines, deliverables, and milestones to meet deadlines and ROI objectives in the event plan.
- Support logistics and programming on field events, including registration, agenda scheduling, logistics, coordination of speakers, ambassadors & advocate events to accelerate and expand net new logo and expansion deals.
- Actively measure event performance by gathering post-event feedback from attendees, onsite staff and stakeholders to incorporate into strategy and plan around how we improve the conference experience year over year.
- Support events by driving registrations and pre/post communications (email, social media & event sites) to attendees to accelerate sales.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of event marketing experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a related field (BioTech, Pharma) marketing and /or event space is a huge asset.
- A strong history of consistently understanding the customer base and building events to successfully cater to their needs.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple events simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities to develop unique event concepts and solutions.
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours, as required by event schedules.
What you can expect from our interview process:
- Introductory calls: We will set up a 30-minute phone call with one of our recruiters and our Field and Events Director during which you’ll have the opportunity to share more about your experience and interests. You’ll also learn more about BioRender and the team you’re interviewing with. Feel free to ask any questions throughout these calls!
- Practical interview: You’ll be completing a practical exercise so we can see your skills in action and give you a realistic role preview. This exercise will be conducted with our Field and Events Director and Head of Marketing.
- Work history interview: This is a conversational interview with our Leadership team. They will review your past work and educational experiences in chronological order -you can read more about how to prepare for this interview here!
- Meet the team: Throughout our interview process, you can expect to meet with some of your potential colleagues.
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are in the top quartile for profitability and year-over-year revenue growth, with users in 200+ countries.
- BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA.
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
You can read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!
Check out what it's like to work at BioRender in the US!