Executive Assistant (Engineering, Product, Design)
Administration, Product, Design
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2023
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to join our leadership team and contribute to the growth of a remarkable product and company. As a valued member, you will be participating in strategic discussions with our executives and driving success in a thriving start-up environment. You will leave an indelible mark by shaping the future direction of our expanding executive operations team, charting a course for long-term success. Collaborate with our highly skilled and passionate team members, fostering relationships and fostering a culture of continuous learning and dedication.
This is a full-time position for candidates located on the East Coast (EST timezone). There will be occasional travel to the Toronto office for Toronto-based candidates and quarterly travel to the Toronto office for candidates in further East Coast locations.
Our ideal fit
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Thrives in a fast-paced, hardworking environment
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and can bring order to chaos
- Lives and breathes BioRender’s culture and values. See our values here!
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to be on a flexible schedule
- High standards of professionalism and discretion
- Remote-first, but able to go in office for special events or occasional business needs
- Efficiently manage 2-3 complex calendars, adapting to daily changes, and collaborating with fellow EAs for optimal efficiency
- Manage all types of daily correspondence for your executives to ensure professional, accurate, and timely responses and appropriate prioritization
- Facilitate project completion across Engineering, Product and Design (EPD) teams by actively participating in meetings, documenting discussions, tracking actionable items, and ensuring follow-through
- Support cross-functional initiatives, leadership meetings, and company objectives in close collaboration with other EAs
- Develop and maintain an operating calendar for product development, in partnership with executives, incorporating key dates and processes for onboarding, planning, reviews, tech talks, and hackathons
- Handle logistics both in-office (shipping/receiving, meeting setup, vendor coordination) and during travel (flights, rentals, hotels) as required
What you bring to the table
- 3-7 years of supporting Engineering, Product & Design leaders as an EA or relevant role in a tech company, startups preferred (with overall 4+ years in executive operations)
- Crisp, professional communication skills verbally and asynchronously (written) - you can represent your department and BioRender to external and internal stakeholders and effectively drive outcomes
- Experience leading several long-running initiatives in parallel from conception to completion
- Technically proficient: Primarily with Google Apps; you may not have worked with all the tools we use (Slack, Zoom, Jira, ProductBoard), but you can pick up new technologies quickly
- Educational background in the life sciences is an asset but not mandatory
- Experience with the cross-functional workings of engineering, product and design teams is an asset
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us!
- We are in the top quartile for profitability and year-over-year revenue growth, with users in 200+ countries.
- BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA.
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.