Manager of FP&A
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
We are hiring a Manager of FP&A to join our young, fast-growing company on our mission to help scientists create and share beautiful, professional scientific figures.
The Manager of FP&A will help drive accountability in the full-serve business by owning the company’s consolidated full-serve financial model, associated management reporting and business partnerships. This role will partner primarily with the Sales, Customer Success and Marketing teams and will own the annual planning process along with quarterly forecasts, actuals to plan/forecast analysis, scenario modeling and metrics definition, calculation, reporting and benchmarking.
Our ideal fit:
- Data-driven decision focused with advanced Excel/Google Sheets user with superior financial modeling skills
- Exceptional communication skills: able to communicate clearly and concisely with a business lens
- Organization and planning: plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves working on a diverse array of projects that span cross-functional teams
- Curious, loves asking questions, and thinks outside of the box
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the creation of the annual plan, quarterly forecasts and long-range plan process for BioRender’s full-serve business
- Lead the quota-setting process in partnership with Revenue Operations as part of the annual planning process
- Act as the primary contact for GTM leaders
- Assist with investor and internal reporting packages, including calculation of various SaaS metrics ensuring they are accurate, timely and provide meaningful insights
- Manage BioRender’s full-serve P&L results versus plan, forecast and year ago to provide analysis, insights and commentary to identify areas of improvement and work with other departments to implement corrective actions to drive business results
- Analyze full-serve customer profitability, prepare margin analysis reports, and develop and present information in a format applicable to the target audience
- Provide support for high-impact projects such as expansion into a market, build vs. buy decisions or fundraising
- Support maintenance of FP&A software system Mosaic
What you bring to the table:
- 5-7 years of financial analysis and reporting experience
- Investment Banking or Private Equity background
- Experience in high-growth Saas companies
- Superior financial modeling skills
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills (lookups, pivot tables, charts, macros, etc.)
- CFA, MBA or CPA designation preferred but not required
Why Join Us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are profitable, and growing more than 200% YoY with users in 200+ countries.
- We're proud that half of our team members are women (including those in leadership positions), and 65% of our team are BIPOC! BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
You can read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!
See more open positions at BioRender
Something looks off?