Engineering Manager (Product)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Product
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2023
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
This is a big, ambitious goal. We’re looking for passionate Engineering Leaders to join us on this journey. If you join us, you’ll lead one of our product engineering teams and collaborate with product managers, designers, and scientists to ship products and features that equip our users with the necessary tools to communicate science faster. We’re looking for someone who is excited about web-based challenges and passionate about empowering engineers to do the best work of their lives.
We're currently hiring engineering managers in the following areas:
Editor team: On the Editor team, we’re saving scientists millions of hours creating scientific visuals. We’re building the best-in-class visual graphics tools that empower scientific researchers to create visual science communication content in a fraction of the time it would take with other tools.
Other teams: We’re looking to expand our core product areas and are going to be setting up several new full stack teams in the next 6-9 months that will focus on product expansion.
- Set direction for the team and own the team’s delivery against objectives
- Build a high-performing team to deliver an incredible amount of user value
- Partner with the team to develop the technical strategy to accelerate the development of the product roadmap
- Drive business outcomes through major product advancements and engineering unlocks
- Work closely with product and design to deeply understand the user, the product problem space, and how engineering can accelerate product advancements
Our ideal fit:
- 2+ years of management experience
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Successful track record managing a high performing product engineering team of 5-8 engineers and consistently delivering value to users
- Successful track record of establishing processes or introducing tools that enable the team to move significantly faster
- Previous experience working on a large-scale web-based product, ideally in React. A technical background that gives you the ability to relate to the team's problems, facilitate discussion, and guide/coach engineers when making tradeoffs and technical decisions
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven and work hard to contribute to the greater good by helping improve scientific communication to accelerate scientific discovery
- It’s a product that users love! We have a legion of evangelical users. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us.
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere in the Canada and United States.
- We are profitable and continue to grow revenue north of 100% year over year with users in 200+ countries.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator and Refactor.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first: https://biorender.com/careers/
Check out our candidate resource - Engineering, Product & Design at BioRender!
You can also read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!
See more open positions at BioRender
Something looks off?