Business Operations & Strategy Lead
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2023
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
As our first Business Operations (BizOps) & Strategy hire, you will play a key role in developing the strategy and initiatives that inform our go-to-market motion and power our growth engine! Business Operations & Strategy is a cross-functional team, partnering with Executive leadership to focus on high-impact strategic projects and data analyses to build processes that meet our business needs. Ultimately, you will ensure that all our business functions are in-line with our strategic goals.
BioRender is remote-first, and this role is open to anyone in Canada or the US. You can read about BioRender's interview process here!
Our ideal fit:
- Data-driven and detail-oriented individual: You are process driven and action-oriented with the ability to generate insights from complex data sets and understand the core drivers of a business to plan and implement change.
- Ruthless prioritization: You can manage multiple competing priorities, bring structure to ambiguity and have exceptional project and time management skills.
- Team-first and outstanding cross-functional collaboration: You are capable of building trusted relationships with diverse stakeholders, and understanding the needs and dynamics of distinct teams.
- Exceptional curiosity: You are highly inquisitive, hungry to learn, and open to feedback.
- Resourceful: You are an enthusiastic self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a figure-it-out approach to leverage a broad set of resources to tackle difficult problems.
What you'll be doing:
- Solve complex, ambiguous and data-driven strategic problems. Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in the business: investigate, strategize and implement solutions that will have a measurable impact on customer value and revenue growth.
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional team Leads (Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Product, FP&A) to advance key business priorities. Partner with FP&A to own reporting oversight and performance management of those strategic initiatives.
- Develop a deep understanding of product-led-growth monetization strategies to inform recommendations that will optimize our pricing and packaging offering
- Define a clear hypothesis to identify new opportunities within our total addressable market, and own the strategy by which to capitalize on them from end-to-end (across people, processes, systems)
- Drive business impact by performing ad hoc analytical deep dives to surface key insights and identify opportunities that will improve revenue team productivity and performance.
What you bring to the table:
- A proven track record of 4+ years of experience in SaaS Business Operations or a related role (i.e. Strategy Consulting)
- A deep understanding of SaaS business models, with a willingness to learn and challenge the status quo.
- Proven experience leading data-driven initiatives to achieve measurable results
- Experience managing complex cross-functional projects through multiple phases and milestones
- Expert Excel and business impact modelling skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; the ability to distill complex thoughts into simple, actionable recommendations for Executive level stakeholders
- Proficiency in Salesforce reporting and SQL is a plus
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are profitable, funded solely by user growth, and growing more than 200% YoY with users in 200+ countries.
- We're proud that half of our team members are women (including those in leadership positions), and 65% of our team are BIPOC! BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA.
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
You can read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!