Senior Product Manager
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, September 16, 2020
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
The Product team's mission is to achieve our product vision, to become the go-to trusted place where science is communicated, making science open, collaborative, and easily understandable by all.
This is a big, ambitious goal! We’re looking for passionate and user-obsessed Product Managers to collaborate closely with engineers, designers, scientists, and go-to-market teams to solve scientists’ biggest communication problems and oversee the entire product lifecycle for new and existing products.
We’re looking to hire Product Managers at two different levels (L3 & L4) if you’re interested in joining a tight-knit Product team solving deep-rooted problems for scientists.
Our ideal fit
- You’re tirelessly user obsessed, keeping the user experience top of mind and digging deep into user feedback
- You’re not afraid to dive into the technical details with engineers, knowing how to ask the appropriate questions to understand the level of difficulty and tease out workarounds that optimize for both user and developer experience
- You take an incredible amount of ownership, seeking and weighing feedback from different stakeholders, all while holding strong opinions around direction
- You’re a compelling communicator, with a track record of gaining buy-in from stakeholders at all levels and functions (i.e. customers, leadership, engineers, etc.)
- You’re data-driven and fluent with data tools, diving into relevant metric and spot trends, and opportunities
- Partner with product leadership (including the CEO and CTO, 2/3 co-founders) to develop and maintain the product roadmap in your product area. You’ll iterate on the roadmap based on user feedback, industry trends, company objectives, and product strategy
- Own the product lifecycle from end-to-end for an entire product area (i.e. graphics products, enterprise tier, scientific protocols)
- Collaborate with engineering, data, design, scientists and go-to-market teams to ensure that the product is developed and launched successfully
- Maintain a world class NPS score and customer success metrics in your product area
- Work with a mission driven Product team to foster an environment where everyone is learning, developing their craft, and challenging each other to get better every single day
What you bring to the table
- As a Level 3 Product Manager, we’re looking for candidates with 3-5 years of experience, who have been responsible for a single squad of 4-5 engineers, and executed around a product area that is derivative of a larger strategy
- As a Level 4 Product Manager, we’re looking for candidates with 5-10 years of experience, who have developed, launched and iterated on entire products that took multiple quarters to get adoption. We’re looking for experience driving an area of strategy for the company, working with a large squad or potentially a couple of squads, and sometimes managing 1-2 people
- Track record of building successful products and driving business outcomes with a high user satisfaction / NPS (or improving the NPS of existing products)
- Experience working on a product that places a lot of emphasis on user experience
- Life science background a plus but not required!
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are profitable, funded solely by user growth, and growing more than 200% YoY with users in 200+ countries.
- We're proud that half of our team members are women (including those in leadership positions), and 65% of our team are BIPOC! BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
Check out our candidate resource - Engineering, Product & Design at BioRender!
You can also read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!
See more open positions at BioRender
Something looks off?