Customer Success Manager
United States · Canada · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, September 16, 2020
At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We're looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
We are looking for a proactive individual who is dedicated to building a product users love and wants to revolutionize how science is communicated to join our company as a Customer Success Manager! You will work closely with BioRender's biggest accounts to focus on customer satisfaction, customer retention, customer referenceability and revenue growth.
You will be successful in this role with:
- A continuous improvement approach: You have a growth mindset and you’re open to coaching and continuous feedback
- Exceptional customer curiosity: You have a genuine interest in learning about the clients we serve, their goals, and their science communication pain points
- Resilience and an owner mindset: You use a compelling process to stay productive and focused in the face of adversity, while honouring your commitments to customers and internal teams
What you'll be doing:
- Proactively reach out to clients & decision-makers to position yourself as a trusted and strategic partner (e.g. emailing, calling, virtual meetings)
- Onboard new users to the platform and demonstrate platform features to senior decision-makers (e.g. client calls, interviews, training sessions)
- Uncover client needs, line up training and support, and deliver value that delights our users to drive engagement and encourage the renewal of annual subscriptions (e.g. conduct client discovery, build a support plan)
- Understand user satisfaction and track NPS scores to prevent churn and understand where we can improve and address user requests
- Cultivate customer advocates, develop case studies, and engage with customers for speaking opportunities and other marketing activities
- Liaise with various teams (i.e. medical illustration team, product, marketing, etc.) to ensure the customers’ needs are being fulfilled
- Seek out opportunities to enhance the customer success playbook, contribute to the product, and assist other teams
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience in customer success or account management for a SaaS company
- Strong proficiency in hosting virtual webinars, workshops, or other events
- Knowledge of account management metrics (including churn, retention, and NPS)
- BSc. or Masters in the Life Sciences is a plus
- Experience in science knowledge translation (e.g. peer-reviewed publications, grant applications, presentations, social media posts) is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
Why Join Us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are profitable, funded solely by user growth, and growing more than 200% YoY with users in 200+ countries.
- We're proud that half of our team members are women (including those in leadership positions), and 65% of our team are BIPOC! BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
You can read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!
See more open positions at BioRender
Something looks off?