The successful candidate will work closely within a multifaceted team composed of experienced pharma and biotech veterans along with pioneers in artificial intelligence at Atomic AI. This position will be on site at Atomic AI amid the cultural excitement and scientific vibrancy in the very epicenter of San Francisco’s flourishing, evolving and challenging biopharmaceutical industry. The successful candidate will directly work with the CSO and enable discovery programs. They will work collaboratively with both the internal teams and external partners to progress projects in an efficient and timely manner, as well as with the leadership at Atomic AI to build best practices in project management across the organization. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of project management working in a pharma/biotech industry, driving discovery and development of drugs.
An openness to new ideas is imperative along with a combination of curiosity and excitement to work with a multi-disciplinary cross functional team including computer scientists is required. Experience managing CRO collaboration is required. The candidate should be skilled in various project management tools, have multitasking abilities and expertise in project planning and execution with focus on deliverables.
- Working with the leadership team to define project scope, objectives, feasibility, budget and timelines with focus on deliverables.
- Define the resource requirement - people (internal vs external), time, budget, equipment and any additional resources required for the project.
- Coordinate activities between internal and external teams to enable timely deliverables.
- Develop a detailed project plan and monitor the progress of the projects. Provide appropriate solutions if needed to ensure the successful completion of the projects.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Enable teamwork and leverage the internal / external expertise to identify any potential issues and mitigate risks as appropriate.
- Communicate the project status and any course corrections needed with the senior management and relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Manage CRO partners to enable smooth progression of the projects.
- Identify opportunities to improve internal processes and drive their implementation.
The ideal candidate would have extensive project management experience in a biotech/pharma setting, knowledge of drug discovery and development, working with CRO partners, and ability to work at the intersection of novel technology platform and drug discovery.
- 3+ years project management and problem-solving experience, preferably in a biotech setting
- 3+ years relevant experience in the healthcare/pharmaceutical/biotech industry, with experience in drug discovery and early clinical development
- Excellent stakeholder management and organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask is essential.
- Excellent client-facing and internal written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of project management software
- Bachelor's Degree in biological sciences and project management certification
- Experience leading cross-functional product development teams.
- Knowledge of quality systems, including GMP, GLP etc..
Your level and salary will be based on your skills, knowledge and experience. Base salary is just one component of Atomic AI’s competitive total rewards strategy.
Salary Range: $130,000/year to $150,000/year + equity + benefits
Atomic AI is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, disability, or veteran status.