Senior Research Associate
Atomic AI, Inc. is a well-funded, early-stage biotech company transforming the rational design of molecules and medicines through the cutting-edge fusion of artificial intelligence and structural biology. Atomic’s unique R&D platform, based on research featured on the cover of Science (doi.org/10.1126/science.abe5650), provides new strategies to treat or cure previously undruggable diseases by targeting RNA structure. We are an interdisciplinary team working across computational and experimental biology and believe that our strongest asset is our people.
As a full-time Senior Research Associate in the Bioscience team, you will work closely with scientists to advance our R&D technology platform for RNA structure prediction, target identification, and early drug discovery. You will perform structural and functional validation of novel RNA drug targets and support development of new methods to accelerate target discovery.
At Atomic AI, you will be an execution-focused self-starter with a passion for scientific research and a positive attitude when facing challenges. You will prioritize effectively amidst complexity, adapt nimbly to changing conditions, and grow outside of your comfort zone. You will collaborate thoughtfully and promote the success of all team members.
- Work with RNA biologists to characterize the structure and function of key drug targets in cells.
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot cell-based assays.
- Design and clone plasmids and plasmid libraries.
- Culture, maintain, and develop mammalian cell lines.
- Analyze, interpret, and organize data, and clearly document and communicate research outcomes to colleagues.
- Work within a collaborative, high-caliber, interdisciplinary team.
- M.S. or B.S. in Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experienced working with mammalian cells, including BSL2 tissue culture, transfection, and nucleic acid extraction.
- Strong skills applying and optimizing cell-based assays for quantifying molecules from cells, such as RT-qPCR, ELISA, western blot, luciferase assay, or fluorescence readout.
- Proficient in plasmid design, cloning, and preparation.
- Familiar with methods for genetic manipulation of cells, such as CRISPR editing/activation/interference, siRNA, or lentivirus.
- Organized and rigorous in recording methodologies and results.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills, able to clearly communicate technical information to colleagues.
- Familiar with culture of iPSCs, primary cells, organoids, or other cell models of disease.
- Familiar with design and use of minigene reporter systems.
- Proficient in the use of software tools for data analysis.
Atomic AI is considering applicants at multiple levels for this role. Your level and salary will be based on your skills, knowledge and experience. Base salary is just one component of Atomic AI’s competitive total rewards strategy.
Salary Range: $95,000/year to $125,000/year + equity + benefits
Atomic AI is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, disability, or veteran status.