Senior Computational Biologist
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Our mission at Asimov is to advance humanity's ability to design living systems, enabling biotechnologies with outsized benefit to society. We're developing a mammalian synthetic biology platform––from cells to software––to enable the design and manufacture of next-generation therapeutics.
We are searching for a Senior Computational Biologist with deep domain experience in multi-omics analysis to join our team. At Asimov, data is core to our platform. We genetically engineer living cells and refine our designs using high-dimensional NGS data using RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, ribosome profiling, genome sequencing, and more. The ideal candidate is motivated by designing complex cellular systems and distilling insight from large biological datasets. This is a unique opportunity to work at a nimble, forward-thinking synthetic biology startup and help build the foundation for engineering biology.
About the role:
- Contribute to the design and analysis of engineered mammalian cell lines
- Work closely with bench scientists by guiding experimental workflows and quantitative measurements to ensure statistical rigor
- Regularly dive deep into the multiomics stack, innovate on analysis techniques, and present findings to our organization, leadership, and partners
- Explore novel genomics and machine learning algorithms
- Pair with our software engineers to automate the lifecycle of our cell programming platform through NGS analysis and cutting edge machine learning methods
- Be directly involved in the long-term computational biology roadmap at Asimov
- Be directly involved in building our technology platform, business strategy, and company culture
- You are a highly skilled technical leader in computational biology interested in engineering biology, and with years of experience in an industry or research position.
- You are passionate about joining an early stage startup where autonomy, passion to learn, and excitement to engineer biology take precedence over process and ego.
- You embrace ambiguity and always drive for impact. In addition, you have extensive experience with software scripting (e.g., Python and R), bioinformatic toolsets, high-performance and cloud computing, a strong foundation in statistics and statistical design of experiments, a collaborative mindset, and a passion for continuous learning.
We're fueled by a vision to transform biological engineering into a fully-fledged engineering discipline. Should you join our team, you will grow with a constantly evolving organization and push the frontiers of synthetic biology. Company culture is key to Asimov, and ours is a culture of recombination; we believe that our mission can only be achieved by bringing together a diverse team with a mixture of backgrounds and perspectives.
See more open positions at Asimov
Something looks off?