Scientist/Senior Scientist, Analytical Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Our mission at Asimov is to advance humanity's ability to design living systems, enabling biotechnologies with outsized benefit to society. We're developing a mammalian synthetic biology platform––from cells to software––to enable the design and manufacture of next-generation therapeutics.
We are seeking a Scientist/Senior Scientist in Analytical Development to join our analytical sciences team. In this role, you will develop, optimize, and validate analytical methods to support the characterization of antibodies, proteins, viral vectors, and other novel modalities. Successful candidates will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of techniques to manipulate and characterize biologics and viral vectors, creative problem-solving, and excellent oral as well as written communication skills.
About the Role:
- Develop analytical methods, including CE, HPLC, UV, MS, and/or other analytical techniques; author analytical SOPs and development reports.
- Implement analytical methods to support research and development efforts at Asimov, with a primary emphasis on biologics and viral vectors.
- Independently design and execute experiments, analyze data, and deliver results.
- Share findings with cross-functional teams and effectively communicate critical analytical issues and solutions.
- Prioritize adherence to project timelines and maintain regular communication with stakeholders.
- Continuously improve research and development skills to advance analytical technical capabilities, and publish and present new research findings at conferences.
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological Engineering, Molecular and Cellular Biology, or a closely related discipline. M.S. candidates with 5+ years of biopharma analytical experience will also be considered. The title and level will be determined based on education and years of experience.
- Hands-on experience in electrophoresis, HPLC/UPLC, UV, and/or MS.
- Proficiency in designing and operating automated sample preparation systems. Experience with robotic liquid handling, automated pipetting, and other relevant automation technologies for sample preparation is highly desirable.
- Affinity-based purification (e.g., ProA column or beads, automated sample processing) and other sample preparation experiences would be a great plus.
- An understanding of analytical quality-by-design principles and experience with analytical method development to support preclinical enabling activities and early biologics development is preferred.
- Proficiency in effective written and verbal communication, as well as presentations.
We're fueled by a vision to transform biological engineering into a fully-fledged engineering discipline. Should you join our team, you will grow with a constantly evolving organization and push the frontiers of synthetic biology. Company culture is key to Asimov, and ours is a culture of recombination; we believe that our mission can only be achieved by bringing together a diverse team with a mixture of backgrounds and perspectives.