Scientist/Senior Scientist DNA & Strain Construction
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Our mission at Asimov is to advance humanity's ability to design living systems, enabling biotechnologies with outsized benefit to society. We're developing a mammalian synthetic biology platform––from cells to software––to enable the design and manufacture of next-generation therapeutics.
We are seeking a full-time Scientist or Senior Scientist for the Priority Cloning Team within DNA & Strain Construction group to help advance our DNA assembly pipeline and support key company initiatives. The ideal candidate is passionate about and has expertise in a variety of cloning techniques, is driven by workflow optimization towards efficient and timely delivery, and thrives in a collaborative environment. This is a unique opportunity to work at a nimble, forward-thinking synthetic biology startup and help build the foundation for biological engineering.
As part of the Priority Cloning Team you will:
- Drive DNA assembly / troubleshooting strategies and plasmid delivery for high-priority customer facing projects using manual workflows as well as our state-of-the-art automation
- Work closely with other team members, and the high-throughput DNA construction team to optimize workflows and advance the team capabilities
- Create experimental workflows and collect quantitative measurements to guide key development directions and advancement of the overall assembly pipeline
- Collaborate frequently with the Cell Line Development, Synthetic Biology and Software Development teams to support key development areas
- Communicate methods and results with other scientists, industry experts, and academic researchersDrive data organization
- You have a Ph.D. or equivalent experience in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biological Engineering, or a related field5+ years of experience doing research in an academic or industry lab setting
- Expertise in DNA assembly techniques, plasmid design, all aspects of DNA construction, scale up and QCStrong communication, presentation and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with GMP regulation, automation, NGS data analysis and/or using scripting tools (e.g., Python, Matlab, or R) to analyze results are a plus
We're fueled by a vision to transform biological engineering into a fully-fledged engineering discipline. Should you join our team, you will grow with a constantly evolving organization and push the frontiers of synthetic biology. Company culture is key to Asimov, and ours is a culture of recombination; we believe that our mission can only be achieved by bringing together a diverse team with a mixture of backgrounds and perspectives.