Associate Scientist/Research Associate, Biologics Cell Line Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Our mission at Asimov is to advance humanity's ability to design living systems, enabling biotechnologies with outsized benefit to society. We're developing a mammalian synthetic biology platform––from cells to software––to enable the design and manufacture of next-generation therapeutics.
We are seeking Associate Scientists or Research associates, Biologics Cell Line Development to join our team in Boston, MA and help push the boundaries of biotherapeutic cell line development. These roles will conduct CHO-based cell line engineering and screening to produce human therapeutics. These positions will also execute synthetic biology studies and new technology evaluations to continuously innovate our workflows and expression platform.
The successful candidate will also work closely with Asimov’s synthetic biology and process development teams. This is a unique opportunity to work at a nimble, forward-thinking synthetic biology startup and help build the future of biological engineering.
- You’ll perform CHO cell line development processes including transfection, cloning, characterization, and cell banking using state-of-the-art equipment.
- Comprehensive documentation of studies in ELN
- You’ll contribute to innovation through the development of novel cell line development workflows and applications.
- You’ll represent Cell Line Development on cross-functional projects and effectively communicate results, progress and plans.
- We have a hybrid team structure with our cell line development team working from our lab and office in Boston’s Fenway neighborhood.
- You’re a creative problem solver and get excited about the opportunity to drive the creation of industry-disruptive technology.
- Experience with CHO-based cell line development in an industrial setting.
- You have a BS or MS. in Biological Engineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related field with 0-3 years of hands-on industry experience performing CHO cell line development in support of biologic (mAb) therapies.
- Don’t let this stop you from applying, but it’s a plus if you are familiar with cell culture liquid handling automation, ambr bioreactors, and/or ddPCR
We're fueled by a vision to transform biological engineering into a fully-fledged engineering discipline. Should you join our team, you will grow with a constantly evolving organization and push the frontiers of synthetic biology. Company culture is key to Asimov, and ours is a culture of recombination; we believe that our mission can only be achieved by bringing together a diverse team with a mixture of backgrounds and perspectives.