Inside Sales Associate
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2023
Our mission at Asimov is to advance humanity's ability to design living systems, enabling biotechnologies with outsized benefit to society. We're developing a mammalian synthetic biology platform––from cells to software––to enable the design and manufacture of next-generation therapeutics.
We’re searching for an Inside Sales Associate to join our Commercial team. As an Inside Sales Associate, you’ll be responsible for building market awareness of Asimov and driving new business for the company. You’ll be able to grow into a business development role at a nimble, forward-thinking synthetic biology startup with a global reach. This is an opportunity to help build the future of biological engineering.
About the role:
- You’ll learn everything you can about Asimov’s tools and services in order to identify and qualify leads that could be a good match.
- Your mission is to increase customer engagement and generate qualified leads that align with our strategic business objectives.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Asimov’s products and services will help you identify new leads as well as return to previous ones who might be interested in new developments.
- You’ll manage customer enquiries through the entire lifecycle from initial contact to supporting expansion opportunities with existing customers.
- You’ll keep our customer profiles up-to-date in Salesforce and initiate new outreach campaigns.
- Collaborating with the marketing team, you’ll assist in developing Asimov’s conference strategy and provide sales support as needed.
- You'll keep an eye on the competitive landscape in order to inform your outreach efforts.
- You’ll have the opportunity to learn more and take on additional responsibilities under the mentorship of senior members of Asimov’s Commercial team.
- You roll up your sleeves to execute tactically, proactively connecting your day-to-day work to strategic business objectives.
- You communicate very well across mediums (email, phone, zoom, in person). You not only feel comfortable but you’re often energized by speaking with a wide variety of audiences.
- Representing the Commercial team with internal and external stakeholders, you're able to easily adapt how you talk about our products and services so that everyone has the appropriate amount of context and information.
- You’ll come up to speed significantly faster in this role if you already have familiarity with therapeutics biomanufacturing tools.
- You’re naturally curious about the space and keep your finger on the pulse of what’s new and changing.
- You’re comfortable using customer relationship management platforms (CRMs) like Salesforce and LinkedIn Navigator.
- You have a BS/MS degree including at least 2-3 years of experience at a life sciences company, preferably with time spent in the lab.
We're fueled by a vision to transform biological engineering into a fully-fledged engineering discipline. Should you join our team, you will grow with a constantly evolving organization and push the frontiers of synthetic biology. Company culture is key to Asimov, and ours is a culture of recombination; we believe that our mission can only be achieved by bringing together a diverse team with a mixture of backgrounds and perspectives.
See more open positions at Asimov
Something looks off?