Senior/Principal Scientist, Mass Spectrometry and Analytical Sciences
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Sunday, February 5, 2023
Our mission at Asimov is to advance humanity's ability to design living systems, enabling biotechnologies with outsized benefit to society. We're developing a mammalian synthetic biology platform––from cells to software––to enable the design and manufacture of next-generation therapeutics.
We are seeking a Senior/Principal Scientist, Mass Spectrometry and Analytical Sciences to join our team in Boston, MA and help push the boundaries of mammalian synthetic biology. This role is for a hands-on technical leader on our team, who will perform in-depth mass-spec and biophysical characterization across multiple modalities, such as biologics and viral vector therapies, and help establish and grow Asimov’s analytical sciences team.
The successful candidate will also work closely with Asimov’s synthetic biology, cell line development, and process development teams. This is a unique opportunity to work at a nimble, forward-thinking synthetic biology startup and help build the future of biological engineering.
- You’ll develop and qualify highly sensitive, reliable LCMS methods for the rapid and accurate analysis of biologic, viral vector, and RNA modalities.
- You’ll perform in-depth mass-spec and biophysical characterization using state-of-the-art equipment.
- You’ll identify emerging practices and drive scientifically innovative method development.
- You’ll troubleshoot assays and apply design of experiments (DOE) and other systematic and statistical approaches to method development, as needed.
- You’ll help grow, mentor, and provide scientific expertise to the analytical sciences team.
- You’ll represent the analytical sciences team on cross-functional projects and effectively communicate results, progress and plans.
- You will be comfortable working within an evolving hybrid team structure at our brand new labs in Boston’s Fenway neighborhood.
- You have 3+ years of hands-on industry experience performing mass-spec and biophysical characterization in support of biologic therapies (monoclonal antibodies and complex mAbs).
- You’re a creative problem solver and get excited about the opportunity to drive the creation of industry-disruptive technology.
- Developing and executing LCMS assays of biologic therapeutics is squarely in your wheelhouse, stemming from years of experience.
- You have experience performing HPLC/UPLC analysis of biologics or viral vector therapeutics.
- You have a Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biological Engineering, or a related field.
- Don’t let this stop you from applying, but it’s a plus if you are experienced at running GXII, cSDS, CE-SDS or equivalent methods.
- Experience utilizing statistical tools such as ANOVA analysis, Design of experiment (DOE) is preferred.
- Experience working with a global customer base isn’t a requirement for this role but bonus points if you have it.
- You work best as an individual contributor working within a team to drive projects forward.
We're fueled by a vision to transform biological engineering into a fully-fledged engineering discipline. Should you join our team, you will grow with a constantly evolving organization and push the frontiers of synthetic biology. Company culture is key to Asimov, and ours is a culture of recombination; we believe that our mission can only be achieved by bringing together a diverse team with a mixture of backgrounds and perspectives.
See more open positions at Asimov
Something looks off?