Senior Scientist II, Bioinformatics and Omics Sciences (Ref: 4278)
Artios Pharma is currently recruiting a Bioinformatics Scientist to join our expanding team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, expanding biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic.
The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects. We currently have two programmes in early phases of clinical development. These phase 1/2a studies are evaluating the small-molecule ATR inhibitor ART0380 and the first-in-class Pol -Theta inhibitor ART4215 in patients with advanced or metastatic solid tumours.
The Senior Scientist II will design, manage and execute analyses across a range of different projects, typically involving large-scale datasets ‘omics datasets, and ensure delivery of accurate results in a timely manner. They will develop and maintain processing pipelines for NGS data and perform downstream analysis in collaboration with the lead bioinformaticians. They will provide computational support for new genomic technologies and analysis methods adapted by the group.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supporting the delivery of key results packages and data summaries/visualisations to relevant stakeholders. Performing bespoke analysis as required.
- Involved in experimental design of new datasets being generated at Artios.
- To develop, deploy and document software for the automation of processing, quality control and dissemination of ‘omics data.
- To ensure use of best practices in terms of bioinformatics methods, algorithms and technologies.
- To administer computing infrastructure and maintain software to store, process and analyse NGS data and associated information.
- Post graduate degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics, data science, human genetics or any other relevant scientific discipline.
- Significant work experience in the oncology/cancer space.
- Significant skills and experience of developing and deploying NGS pipelines in HPC environments.
- Comfortable working in a Unix / Linux environment and proficiency in Unix shell scripting.
- Enthusiasm to learn and drive new technologies / methods.
- Demonstrable ability to produce well designed and documented code in the R/Python programming language.
- Practical experience with the storage, processing and analysis of large genomic datasets, preferably next-generation sequencing datasets, and their associated metadata.
- Experience in an industrial (pharma/biotech) setting.
- Experience with workflow management software (e.g. Nextflow, Snakemake) and containerization (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker).
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter quoting Ref 4278 using the link below and ensure that you click ‘upload’ before you finish your application:
In order to comply with UK Employment Law, all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK or if from the EU, subject to receiving a relevant Skilled Worker Visa to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you