Scientist I, Computational Biology & Machine Learning (23103-B-670-CBIO)
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
ArsenalBio, a privately held, clinical-stage programmable cell therapy company engineering advanced CAR T therapies for solid tumors, is seeking a talented Scientist I, Computational Biology & Machine Learning to work hybrid based in our South San Francisco office.
ArsenalBio’s mission is to develop efficacious and safe cellular therapies for patients with chronic diseases, initially cancer. With our programmable and computationally driven approach, our team is engineering living medicines to attack cancer’s inherent multi-faceted nature and overcome the challenges of addressing solid tumors with cell therapy.
Driven by a collective of diverse experts across immunology, synthetic biology, molecular biology, automation and computational biology, we are united in purpose to deliver radical breakthroughs for people with cancer, and prioritize the team’s outcomes over individual goals to achieve our company mission – together.
ArsenalBio is looking for a highly motivated Scientist-I to join the Computational Biology and Machine Learning group. You will work closely with an interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to develop algorithms, models, and computational workflows to analyze large amounts of data from a variety of technologies. By addressing challenging problems in synthetic and molecular biology, immunology, and high throughput assays, you will meaningfully contribute to accelerating the development of curative cell therapies against cancer and will have a direct impact on patients' lives.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze data from next generation sequencing assays (eg. RNA-seq, single-cell RNA-seq, ATAC-seq), flow cytometry, or other related technologies.
- Develop machine learning or statistical methods to extract insights from large screening experiments.
- Work closely with ArsenalBio scientists across different functions and disciplines to rapidly iterate through the cycle of experimental design, hypothesis testing, data collection, and interpretation.
- Assist with experimental design, for example through modeling or simulations.
- Help productionize computational workflows so that they can be executed in a robust and reproducible manner.
- Develop visualization tools.
What Will You Bring:
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Biomedical Engineering, Biology, or a related field with 0-2 years of industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to apply data analysis and engineering skills to answer biological questions.
- Hands-on experience analyzing next generation sequencing data and/or flow cytometry data.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Proficiency in Python or R.
- Experience working in Linux environments.
• OR Masters with 5+ years of industry experience
• OR Bachelors with 7+ years of industry experience
Additional Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments and version control systems (eg. git).
- Familiarity with cell therapy or immunotherapy will be appreciated, but not required.
What We Will Offer You:
An opportunity to work with the best talent in the field of cell therapy, and be part of ONE TEAM to advance therapies to patients who need it most.
ArsenalBio has a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to medical, dental, and vision as well as mental health resources, virtual and telehealth options, coaching, infertility treatment, parental leave and health savings accounts. We also offer flexible work schedules and flexible time off, which includes two extra “Arsenal Days of Rest” every quarter for employees to recharge.
We have a robust mentorship program, and comprehensive development tools to help employees take control of their career paths and grow into their best selves. ArsenalBio believes in investing in the well-being of our employees - both at work and at home, as they are our greatest asset. They bring scientific talents in molecular biology, immunology, pharmacology, protein chemistry, computational biology, automation, genome engineering, software and other fields to make the future happen now.
We are committed to hiring the best talent from diverse backgrounds. A diverse workforce engenders richness of thought, creativity and discovery. We invite individuals who embrace intellectual achievement to bring their unique personal and professional journeys and together we will build transformative cell therapies for cancer patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The estimated base salary offer for the preferred primary location of San Francisco Bay area ranges from $126,100–$154,500.
Salary ranges for other locations may vary from this range. Base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, experience, education, and location. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current employees as part of any final offer.
To all recruitment agencies: ArsenalBio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or ArsenalBio employees. ArsenalBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.