Analytical Development, Summer Intern 2024 (23101-T-680-PS)
Hayward, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
ArsenalBio, a privately held programmable cell therapy company engineering advanced CAR T therapies for solid tumors, is seeking a talented Summer Intern in Analytical Development to work onsite based in our Hayward office.
ArsenalBio’s mission is to develop efficacious and safe cellular therapies for patients with chronic diseases, initially cancer. Our products are being designed to herald the transition of adoptive cell therapy from a hospital-based treatment to outpatient therapy, like most other cancer treatments.
We are seeking a talented and motivated rising undergraduate junior or senior to join the ArsenalBio Technical Operations Analytical Development (AD) team as a summer intern. The intern will contribute to analytical assay development in support of method performance assessment and assay improvements for drug product release and characterization. The individuals will also interact cross-functionally across the organization to enable the success of ArsenalBio. This position will report to the Head of Analytical Development and an AD scientist as a co-mentor.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with planning and execution of experiments and associated data analysis and reporting, in support of developing analytical assays.
- Contribute to assay performance evaluation and continuous assay improvements.
- Practice general lab laboratory operation in a nonGxP environment
- Summarize, communicate, and present data to AD team
What Will You Bring:
- You are a rising junior or senior with a biology or biochemistry or data science background
- Prior experience working in a laboratory environment, ideally familiar with cell culture or biochemistry techniques such as flow cytometry and ELISA.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, technically driven, and willing to take on duties out-side of general responsibilities
What We Will Offer You:
We are committed to hiring the best talent from diverse backgrounds. A diverse workforce engenders richness of thought, creativity and discovery. We invite individuals who embrace intellectual achievement to bring their unique personal and professional journeys and together we will build transformative cell therapies for cancer patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The estimated base salary offer for the preferred primary location of San Francisco Bay area ranges from $22–$27/hr. Salary ranges for other locations may vary from this range. Base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, experience, education, and location. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current employees as part of any final offer.
To all recruitment agencies: ArsenalBio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or ArsenalBio employees. ArsenalBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.