Quality Control, Summer Intern 2024 (23100-T-682-QA)
Hayward, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
ArsenalBio, a privately held programmable cell therapy company engineering advanced CAR T therapies for solid tumors, is seeking a talented Summer Intern in Quality Control to work onsite based in our Hayward office.
ArsenalBio’s mission is to develop efficacious and safe cellular therapies for patients with chronic diseases, initially cancer. Our products are being designed to herald the transition of adoptive cell therapy from a hospital-based treatment to outpatient therapy, like most other cancer treatments.
We are seeking a talented and motivated rising undergraduate junior or senior to join the ArsenalBio Technical Operations Quality Control laboratory team as a summer intern. The intern will support the QC laboratory operations including support for management of QC equipment and materials, and support QC testing of pre-clinical cell therapy products in a Good Manufacturing Practice environment. The individual will work closely with Quality Control Analysts, Quality Operations, Process Development, Analytical Development, and Manufacturing to support the success of ArsenalBio’s clinical scale manufacturing process. This position will report to the Head of Quality Control.
What You Will Do:
- Support general QC laboratory set-up in a GMP environment
- Manage the organization of materials in the QC lab
- Perform laboratory prep work, including preparation of reagents and equipment, including cleaning of biosafety cabinets
- Participate in QC document management
- Provide QC review and analysis of results for GMP cell therapy product
- Work with various assays supported by the QC lab – cell-based assays, PCR, and flow cytometry
What Will You Bring:
- You are a rising junior or senior with a biology or chemistry background
- Prior experience working in a laboratory environment, ideally in cell culture or molecular techniques
- General understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in laboratory environments that may include tasks involving repeated motion, standing for longer durations etc.
- Self-motivated, technically driven, and willing to take on duties out-side of general responsibilities
What We Will Offer You:
We are committed to hiring the best talent from diverse backgrounds. A diverse workforce engenders richness of thought, creativity and discovery. We invite individuals who embrace intellectual achievement to bring their unique personal and professional journeys and together we will build transformative cell therapies for cancer patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The estimated base salary offer for the preferred primary location of San Francisco Bay area ranges from $22–$27/hr. Salary ranges for other locations may vary from this range. Base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, experience, education, and location. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current employees as part of any final offer.
To all recruitment agencies: ArsenalBio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or ArsenalBio employees. ArsenalBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.