Lab Operations and Equipment Associate (23094-B-850-FAC)
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
ArsenalBio, a privately held, clinical-stage programmable cell therapy company engineering advanced CAR T therapies for solid tumors, is seeking a talented Lab Operations Associate to work onsite based in our South San Francisco office. This position may be required to be on-call off hours and on weekends to support business needs.
ArsenalBio’s mission is to develop efficacious and safe cellular therapies for patients with chronic diseases, initially cancer. With our programmable and computationally driven approach, our team is engineering living medicines to attack cancer’s inherent multi-faceted nature and overcome the challenges of addressing solid tumors with cell therapy.
Driven by a collective of diverse experts across immunology, synthetic biology, molecular biology, automation and computational biology, we are united in purpose to deliver radical breakthroughs for people with cancer, and prioritize the team’s outcomes over individual goals to achieve our company mission – together.
ArsenalBio is seeking a Lab Operations Associate to support our Operations Team. Reporting to the Equipment Manager, this position will support the science of our lab and manufacturing spaces by managing, coordinating and/or executing all lab equipment & maintenance to enable an efficient laboratory environment for the ArsenalBio team.
What You Will Do:
- Support global laboratory equipment documentation by maintaining internal equipment records
- Establish a system for tracking and trending planned and unplanned equipment maintenance activities
- Assist with internal laboratory equipment inventory processes and procedures
- Support equipment management process lifecycle for new equipment acquisitions, equipment transfers, and equipment decommission
- Document, coordinate and/or perform laboratory equipment Calibration, Preventive Maintenance (PM), Repairs.
- Respond to all equipment repair requests in a timely manner to minimize downtime
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Serve as point of contact for vendor service calls, preventative maintenance, modifications and installations on instruments with minimal supervision
- Coordinate scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities with approved service provider
- Maintain, manage, and respond to remote temperature monitoring system
- Manage delivery service for all lab gases (CO2, LN2, N2)
- Identify and suggest initiatives for continuous improvement
- Partner with supply chain to ensure necessary equipment maintenance supplies are always in stock
What Will You Bring:
- AA or Bachelors degree in related fields
- 4+ years instrumentation/controls/mechanical hands-on experience
- Experience in managing equipment in a laboratory environment with high-volume, high-quality laboratory processes
- Strong understanding of GMP preferred
- Basic understanding of quality assurance and quality management systems
- Basic knowledge of IT systems, networking, system administration
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high degree of personal & professional initiative
- Excellent time management skills; able to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to use/operate electronic measurement/calibration equipment in the maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of principles, standard practices and techniques of servicing, maintaining and repairing laboratory equipment and instruments, materials, parts, supplies, equipment used in the maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Must be able to lift 50 Lbs, work on equipment bending, kneeling, sitting, and/or standing
What We Will Offer You:
An opportunity to work with the best talent in the field of cell therapy, and be part of ONE TEAM to advance therapies to patients who need it most.
ArsenalBio has a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to medical, dental, and vision as well as mental health resources, virtual and telehealth options, coaching, infertility treatment, parental leave and health savings accounts. We also offer flexible work schedules and flexible time off, which includes two extra “Arsenal Days of Rest” every quarter for employees to recharge.
We have a robust mentorship program, and comprehensive development tools to help employees take control of their career paths and grow into their best selves. ArsenalBio believes in investing in the well-being of our employees - both at work and at home, as they are our greatest asset. They bring scientific talents in molecular biology, immunology, pharmacology, protein chemistry, computational biology, automation, genome engineering, software and other fields to make the future happen now.
We are committed to hiring the best talent from diverse backgrounds. A diverse workforce engenders richness of thought, creativity and discovery. We invite individuals who embrace intellectual achievement to bring their unique personal and professional journeys and together we will build transformative cell therapies for cancer patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The estimated base salary offer for the preferred primary location of San Francisco Bay area ranges from $38.56/hour–$47.26/hour. Salary ranges for other locations may vary from this range. Base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, experience, education, and location. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current employees as part of any final offer.
To all recruitment agencies: ArsenalBio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or ArsenalBio employees. ArsenalBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.