Senior Systems Engineer (23068-R-830-IS)
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
ArsenalBio, a privately held, clinical-stage programmable cell therapy company engineering advanced CAR T therapies for solid tumors, is seeking a talented Senior System Engineer to work hybrid based in our Hayward and South San Francisco office.
ArsenalBio’s mission is to develop efficacious and safe cellular therapies for patients with chronic diseases, initially cancer. With our programmable and computationally driven approach, our team is engineering living medicines to attack cancer’s inherent multi-faceted nature and overcome the challenges of addressing solid tumors with cell therapy.
Driven by a collective of diverse experts across immunology, synthetic biology, molecular biology, automation and computational biology, we are united in purpose to deliver radical breakthroughs for people with cancer, and prioritize the team’s outcomes over individual goals to achieve our company mission – together.
ArsenalBio is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who is a self-starter, organized and motivated individual to design, build, manage and maintain our infrastructure systems both on-prem and in the cloud. As the subject matter expert, you must be proficient in the latest cloud and on-prem technologies including AWS Control Tower, Terraform, GitLab, VMware Horizon/vCenter, Windows/Linux OS, and one or more scripting languages. You are also well versed in DevOps principles and an evangelist for configuration management and infrastructure as code.
What You Will Do:
- Full lifecycle management of AWS corporate infrastructure leveraging Terraform, GitLab, and other tools
- Full lifecycle management of our existing on-prem VMware Horizon/vCenter infrastructure, Ubuntu Linux and Microsoft Windows servers
- Full lifecycle management of our Juniper network switches, Meraki wireless/802.1x and Palo Alto firewall/VPN
- Design, build, configure and maintain server hardware both on-prem and in the cloud
- Automate infrastructure systems with scripts and system tools to maximize efficiency
- Perform scheduled patch management, maintenance and quarterly audits of our systemsConfigure SSO integrations with SaaS
- Serve as a tier III escalation point for our end user support teamParticipate in OpsGenie on-call rotation schedule
- Publish technical documentation on process and procedures for our systems
- Assist in the automation of IT Infrastructure software/hardware to integrate with our lab systems (e.g. Group Policy to push out settings for Microsoft Windows updates and security settings)
- Assist in projects and OKRs related to IT infrastructure
What Will You Bring:
- Bachelors in related field or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years experience as a Senior Systems Engineer/similar role
- Strong working knowledge of AWS Services, AWS Enterprise Landing Zone concepts and Control Tower implementations
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps with solid understanding of Terraform or other infrastructure as code tools
- Strong scripting and debugging skills in Python and Powershell or Bash
- Proficient in managing and maintaining Linux OS, VMware Horizon/vCenter, Azure/Windows Server environment and Docker
- Proficient with Chef, Puppet or Ansible configuration management tools
- Experience in configuring and maintaining Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases
- Familiarity with using Atlassian JIRA or similar tools to log, track and resolve infrastructure tickets/issues
- Ability to work with third parties and MSPs
- Demonstrated experience providing tier 3 support to end user support team
- Solid understanding of networking protocols TCP/IP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN and OSPF/EIGRP routing protocols
- Experience with securing infrastructure systems through systems hardening
- Experience in integrating systems with both Mac and Windows computers
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Strong focus on security or security engineering experience
- Experience in designing, building and configuring firewalls and L3 switches
- Biotech/pharma experience ideal, but not required
What We Will Offer You:
An opportunity to work with the best talent in the field of cell therapy, and be part of ONE TEAM to advance therapies to patients who need it most.
ArsenalBio has a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to medical, dental, and vision as well as mental health resources, virtual and telehealth options, coaching, infertility treatment, parental leave and health savings accounts. We also offer flexible work schedules and flexible time off, which includes two extra “Arsenal Days of Rest” every quarter for employees to recharge.
We have a robust mentorship program, and comprehensive development tools to help employees take control of their career paths and grow into their best selves. ArsenalBio believes in investing in the well-being of our employees - both at work and at home, as they are our greatest asset. They bring scientific talents in molecular biology, immunology, pharmacology, protein chemistry, computational biology, automation, genome engineering, software and other fields to make the future happen now.
ArsenalBio prioritizes the providing of a safe and healthy workplace that is consistent with COVID-19 public health guidance and legal requirements. In order to protect our employees and visitors, we require all visitors (candidates) and employees to present proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when coming onsite.
We are committed to hiring the best talent from diverse backgrounds. A diverse workforce engenders richness of thought, creativity and discovery. We invite individuals who embrace intellectual achievement to bring their unique personal and professional journeys and together we will build transformative cell therapies for cancer patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The estimated base salary offer for the preferred primary location of San Francisco Bay area ranges from $144,700-$177,200. Salary ranges for other locations may vary from this range. Base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, experience, education, and location. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current employees as part of any final offer.
To all recruitment agencies: ArsenalBio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or ArsenalBio employees. ArsenalBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at ArsenalBio
Something looks off?