Scientist (I/II) - CAR-T Cell Therapy (Immunogenicity)
About our Company
Appia Bio is a preclinical-stage biotech company founded in 2020 with the mission to bring innovative off-the-shelf cell therapies to cancer patients. Our novel platform can generate a broad array of allogeneic NKT and T cell types and can be engineered to address challenges in tumor microenvironments. Our goal is to discover and develop allogeneic cell therapies across a broad array of cancer indications with a scalability that increases access for patients.
Our research programs are rooted in leveraging T cell biology to generate NKT and T cell subtypes from hematopoietic stem cells. The scientific foundation of Appia Bio is underpinned by collaborative research led by Lili Yang (UCLA), David Baltimore (Caltech), and Pin Wang (USC), and further advised by a stellar scientific advisory board. The management team brings decades of experience in R&D, Technical Operations and business in the biotech industry.
About the Role
Are you a passionate Scientist looking for an exciting challenge? Appia Bio is searching for innovative individuals who are eager to push the boundaries and lead the way in creating novel cellular therapies. Our research programs at Appia are centered around the intersection of immunology, cell engineering, and cancer biology. As a Scientist with us, you will be joining a dynamic culture of intellectual rigor, high-energy initiative, and teamwork that we are actively cultivating. Let's work together to make a difference in the world of science!
- Drive projects forward in collaboration with fellow scientists to deliver optimized cell therapy candidates for clinical development.
- Creatively problem-solve and rigorously progress the projects to improve drug candidates.
- Contribute to a Biology research group with a culture of scientific excellence, teamwork, and innovation.
- Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively with the executive staff, other members of the biology group, and academic founders.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished scientist with a track record of success in academia and/or the biotechnology industry. More senior candidates will have many years of research experience after their advanced degree and post-doc, including experience in industry. The ideal candidate may have experience in immunology, cancer biology, stem cell biology, or cell therapy engineering. Relevant work areas include hematopoietic stem cell biology, chimeric antigen receptors, T cell development, immune effector cell biology, immuno-oncology, and lentiviral vectors.
- A Ph.D. in Immunology, Biology, or a related field
- Track record of academic excellence
- Deep knowledge and keen intellect for integrating novel science and emerging technologies in the context of complex immunobiology
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong presence, work ethic, and focus.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to build transparent and collaborative relationships across the company and with other company stakeholders
Competitive Compensation Packages | Cost Sharing for Health Insurance Premiums | Flexible Work Environment | Untracked PTO | 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan Match | Life Insurance & Disability| Awesome Culture | Challenging & Fulfilling Work | Equity Options | and more
Appia Bio requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees. As required by applicable law, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Appia Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Something looks off?