Supply Chain Manager, Operations
Compared to reading or editing life’s code, writing new code from scratch has remained one of biotechnology’s most complex challenges. At Ansa, we are putting nature to work, creating novel enzymatic solutions that will redefine how we build DNA. We believe that the biggest challenges our world faces will be solved using biotechnology and that DNA synthesis is the fuel for that transformation. Our enzyme-based approach (published in Nature Biotechnology) promises to dramatically accelerate innovation in biological research and biotechnology, including therapeutics, diagnostics, biomanufacturing, and synthetic biology. We look forward to our DNA products making an impact.
We believe the success of our team is based on our commitment to these core values -
- Rigorously Innovating - We’re building an incredibly complex, hugely interdisciplinary, and technically demanding technology. We’re rigorous, diligent, strategic, creative, and committed. Tough challenges energize us to find creative and thrilling solutions.
- Building It Together - We are revolutionizing the way scientists make DNA. To tackle this grand challenge, we must work together. We are transparent, reflective, humble and encouraging of each other, because we understand that the knowledge and perspectives of our colleagues are key to building incredible things.
- Leading with kindness and respect - We believe that the foundations of great teamwork are kindness and respect. We cultivate a safe, high-trust workplace in which we are free to share our views, celebrate our successes, admit our mistakes – maximizing our innovative potential.
We believe that quality supply chain support is essential to the success of our technical and manufacturing teams! As the Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for monitoring and managing and coming up with novel strategies to control inventory - ensuring that our scientists and colleagues have the tools they need each day. The ideal candidate will be dependable, professional, customer-service oriented, and personable. As a part of a diverse team, you will work closely with our Scientists and Operations specialists to support our fast-paced work environment!
- Bachelor's degree in Supply chain, Business Administration or Engineering. Preferred, but not required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply Chain or materials Management in biotech or related fields
- Experience using ERP systems such as SAP and Oracle (Netsuite)
- Experience developing Production Plans and/or Material Resource Plan
- Experience setting up and maintaining warehouse/distribution & logistics operations
- Knowledge of Global Trade requirements a plus
- Supply Chain manager will support the operation of several of the companies product lines and support delivery and stability of raw material and inventory
- Supply Chain manager will coordinate all demand from Commercial and R&D to develop a production schedule for manufacturing and act as point person for production status
- Position will play a critical role in maintaining material inventory to support commercialization efforts across Ansas oligo synthesis product lines
- Develop inventory control strategies in support of operational maintenance, establishing safeguards to ensure company stability through availability of raw materials
- Lead and support activities surrounding logistics (shipping / receiving domestic and international)
- Lead the selection and manage services of a preferred transportation carrier
- Support in-coming material receipt, warehousing and distribution across Ansa inventory locations
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Research and Development and other stakeholders to order raw materials based on a consumption forecast
- Manage and mentor a group of operations specialists and shipping/receiving coordinators
- Work with procurement professionals to plan and execute on inventory management strategies to help reduce cost of goods purchased
- Conduct necessary training, create and update Supply Chain SOPs and best practices
- Manage KPIs for Supply Chain performance
- This job is active! Candidates must be able to routinely sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, and crouch for extended periods of time.
- Ability to routinely lift above the waist and move items over 30lbs
Benefits & Compensation
Ansa offers a benefit package including comprehensive medical, dental & vision plans for employees and dependents, 401k retirement planning, company holidays, truly unlimited and company encouraged vacation time, and parental leave. Our compensation packages include industry competitive and experience commensurate base salaries, sign-on bonus and stock options. Salary for this role is $129,200-$146,600, depending upon experience.
Ansa Biotechnologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
At Ansa, we’re building a community of intelligent and passionate people that will help us change biotechnology research with our enzymatic DNA synthesis technology. We believe that challenging and trusting one another, and continuously learning are essential to our success. We believe that building diverse, inclusive, and psychologically safe spaces are essential to a community culture that yields the happiest colleagues and friends, and the highest quality research.
As we are growing rapidly, this is an ever present goal: hiring the best people while building diversity in thought, experience, and background within our team. While the biotechnology space can feel limited in BIPOC, non-binary, and even female representation, we endeavor to make hiring decisions that will continue to grow and support our team in the direction of cultural diversity and sustainability.
To learn more about our team, mission, and additional job postings, please visit our website, ansabio.com