Generative AI Intern
WELCOME to Aetion! We are a global leader in science-driven technology using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Discover and Substantiate applications, powered by the Aetion Evidence Platform, are used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line. Aetion is headquartered in the US and has expanded throughout Europe with EU headquarters in Barcelona.
Come join us for a full-time internship, based in our Barcelona office, with a hybrid work setup.
Ideal start date : As soon as possible
Duration : 3 to 6 months
Time commitment : 40 hours / week
Location : Barcelona
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Monthly educational lunch & learns
Why join Aetion’s tech team?
- You’ll collaborate with other engineering leaders on all matters that impact the Engineering team, including resourcing and building technology/product vision
- You’ll have the opportunity to be coached and mentored by experienced colleagues, in their respective fields of expertise, gaining strong exposure and learning opportunities.
- The team works on a technical stack which includes both cloud and on-premise deployments, big-data ingestion and analytics, distributed systems and algorithmic complexity.
- Looking for more insight into our culture? Check out our LinkedIn Life page here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/aetion-inc-/life/lifeataetion
Substantiate is an application on the Aetion platform, turning Real World Data (RWD) into regulatory grade Real World Evidence (RWE).
We aim to prototype a large language model (LLM)-driven user interface for our applications on the Aetion platform.
We are looking for a freshly graduated or PhD student to join us as an intern in our Engineering Team, based in Barcelona, and take part in the development of this innovative LLM.
- Work alongside Engineering, Product, and Science to build a user centric LLM based interface
- Design and implement robust, re-usable data/ML pipelines using open-source technology such as Python, Spark, and R. Drive the validation and transparency of these ML models.
- Identify relevant existing LLM tools and tailor them where/when necessary.
- A MSc/PhD degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, electrical engineering, or a related STEM field.
- Highly analytical, problem-solving mindset with an ability for conducting statistical and machine learning research (in the form of a thesis, publications, or side projects) and independently solving ill-defined problems on data from heterogeneous sources.
- Familiarity with ML packages (e.g. scikit-learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow) and LLM tools (such as LangChain, Hugging Face, OpenAI API).
- Nice to have: experience with Python and/or R programming for full data science lifecycle (ETL / database connection, data exploration and visualization, cleaning/pre-processing, feature engineering, classification and regression, model evaluation, deployment / monitoring). Example of libraries: Tensorflow/Keras, PyTorch / Scikit-learn.
- Detail-oriented, proactive and curious.
- Experience with version control software (e.g., Git)
- Experience with big data workloads (e.g., Spark, Databricks)
- Experience working within cloud-centric systems (AWS)
- Experience working with containerized compute (e.g., Docker)
- Experience working with relational databases
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Experience in the healthcare industry
Aetion’s Technology Stack
- Version Control: Github
- Language: Python, Java, Scala, SQL
- Big Data Processing: Apache Spark, Databricks, Airflow
- Framework: React, Spring, Hibernate
- Database: MySQL, RedShift
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Container: Docker, K8s
- IDE: IntelliJ or VS Code
Aetion’s Recent Achievements:
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and efficacy research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Strategic partnership with Quinten Health to use Artificial Intelligence and Real-World Evidence to reduce research timelines
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.