Scientific Analyst (EU)
WELCOME to Aetion! We are a global leader in science-driven technology using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Discover and Substantiate applications, powered by the Aetion Evidence Platform, are used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line. Aetion is headquartered in the US and has expanded throughout Europe with EU headquarters in Barcelona.
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and efficacy research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Strategic partnership with Quinten Health to use Artificial Intelligence and Real-World Evidence to reduce research timelines
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- 25 vacation days
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive private health coverage w/ out-of-network reimbursements options .
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learn
As a Scientific Analyst on Aetion’s Scientific Engagement team, you will contribute to client research studies using our Substantiate analytical software. You will partner with other epidemiologists on your project team to execute real-world data analytics and delivery study results.
- Work with Aetion team members and clients to implement detailed study protocols for scientific use cases and validation studies using our analytical software, with regular support and input from senior team members.
- Develop an understanding of the Substantiate software, and share that understanding with teammates through verbal and written discussion and communications.
- Support, with input from senior team members, client help tickets and requests regarding Aetion products.
- Contribute, with support from senior team members, to the development and maintenance of internal and client-facing resources for customers’ adoption and use of Aetion products and services, such as use-case-driven platform demonstrations, data dictionaries and other key materials including documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Support the development and maintenance of Aetion’s scientific assets such as study templates, definition library of clinical conditions, and other deployable scientific components.
- Relevant advanced degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in sciences, social sciences (Public Health, Health Economics or Epidemiology), or a related analytic field.
- At least 1 year of experience in a research or analytic area, or equivalent. Such experiences can include part-time work, summer jobs, and/or research conducted at school.
- Fluency in English required (written and oral communication).
- Experience with cross-functional teams is a plus.
- Ability to travel occasionally to other Aetion offices or to client sites.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong ability for critical thinking.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new tools.
- Strong ability to self-motivate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication in verbal and written form.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.