Talent Acquisition Lead - HealthTech, EU
WELCOME to Aetion! We are a global leader in science-driven technology using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Discover and Substantiate applications, powered by the Aetion Evidence Platform, are used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line. Aetion is headquartered in the US and has expanded throughout Europe with EU headquarters in Barcelona.
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and efficacy research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Strategic partnership with Quinten Health to use Artificial Intelligence and Real-World Evidence to reduce research timelines
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2023 Best Companies for Women to Advance & Best Companies for People of Color to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2023 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- 25 vacation days
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive private health coverage w/ out-of-network reimbursements options .
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learns
WHY JOIN Aetion’s People team?
- You’ll join a start-up environment in Europe, yet located in a more global context of a structured fast-growing US organization, with processes and systems in place.
- You will work as a key and daily business partner with the regional Head of Engineering, committed to the rapid growth of the team.
- You will gain exposure to scalability strategies and get deeply involved in building its Talent Acquisition component
- This role is designed for an experienced talent acquisition partner, who will want to implement best practices, to be autonomous in managing his/her own candidate pipelines from scouting talent to closing offer, and to be always curious about innovative approaches to Recruiting.
Aetion’s People Team in Barcelona is looking for a creative, resourceful and experienced Talent Acquisition / Recruiting professional to join our energized European team, at a pivotal time in Aetion’s growth.
In this role, you will fully own, build and execute sourcing strategies to identify, attract and recruit talents for our diverse teams. This position will have Europe and the UK as a playground, to engage with highly qualified talents in Engineering. You will act as a strong recruiting partner for our Head of Engineering in Europe, based in Barcelona and our SVP of Engineering based in New York.
Successful candidates will be hungry to learn about our fast growing tech enabled services business and to eagerly share our compelling vision with candidates.
- Define sourcing plans and techniques (referrals, user groups, niche networks, etc.) for our multiple openings in various teams, understanding business needs and assessing potential profiles with hiring managers.
- Attract candidates through creative sourcing methods including external job boards, internal and external databases, and building a vast referral network within industry organizations.
- Execute and manage the searches, using appropriate tools and building talent pools of prospective candidates, both active and passive.
- Engage with candidates, help them understand Aetion’s trajectory and mission.
- Qualify prospective candidates via resume review, phone screens and in-person interviews to assess skills and determine potential job matches.
- Manage the end-to-end recruiting process for your roles independently, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience
- Create a positive and seamless candidate experience, from initial contact all the way through closing and negotiation conversations.
- Grow awareness of Aetion as an employer of choice in the European healthcare market, by reaching out to prospective professionals.
- Partner with hiring managers to determine what a successful candidate profile entails; translate into an effective recruiting strategy and execution of the selection process.
- Develop and maintain open communication and relationships with the internal People team and hiring managers by delivering high levels of customer service.
- Team up with people and finance teams to develop competitive and equitable offer packages for candidates that align with internal budgets and forecasts.
- Update HR systems to keep an exhaustive view on the candidate pipeline.
- Manage EU candidate sourcing activity and measure its impact, using a data-driven approach and a rigorous methodology.
- Be involved in Talent Acquisition projects, at a global level, when required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, or other related field - Life Science or Engineering education backgrounds are also welcome.
- +5 to 7 years of experience as a recruiter, in-house or in staffing agency, ideally for a SaaS organization.
- 3+ years recruiting technical and engineering talent (including software engineers)
- Knowledge of the Barcelona hiring market and track record of success filling engineering roles in Spain.
- Strong knowledge of recruiting tools and methodologies, advanced use of Linkedin Recruiter tool.
- Self-starter, with experience working independently, leading projects to their completion.
- Curious, eager to learn and able to quickly grasp a new business need.
- Strong ability to engage with candidates, on the phone and in writing.
- Fluency in English (Excellent written and spoken), Advanced Spanish is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Life Science market, key players and trends.
- Experienced working with ATS, preferably Greenhouse.
- At ease when working with a remote team, building and maintaining trusted relationships in this context.
- Resilient, collaborative, flexible, innovative.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information. EEO is the law.