WELCOME to Aetion! We are one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are a recipients of a number of prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2023 Best Companies for Women to Advance & Best Companies for People of Color to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2023 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage w/ multiple plan options including an HSA plan with annual Aetion contributions and covered premium costs.
- Free membership to OneMedical
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learn
Aetion’s Staff Accountant is a proactive and action-oriented individual who supports a high performing finance team across a variety of functions, primarily accounts payable and payroll processing. This position involves a keen understanding of Aetion’s business and will be involved in various accounting and financial activities while working as part of the Accounting team. This position will be at the forefront of contributing to the financial strength of our fast paced and growing organization.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review all vendor bills to ensure proper General Ledger and department coding in NetSuite
- Maintain company credit card program to ensure compliance with company policy and timely reporting
- Bank reconciliation for multiple accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Work with external accountant to prepare annual tax return
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings including sales tax in multiple state
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close activities, calendar and deliverables, including preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Assist in the identification and resolution of accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Coordinate cross functionally with Human Resources, Procurement, Payroll and Finance to manage employee cost center membership
- Prepare schedules and supporting documentation for internal and external audit
- Assist with other areas of accounting and complete special ad hoc reporting projects as needed
- B.S./B.A. in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 1+ year of experience in an accounting environment
- 1+ year working with Excel including advanced features (Pivot Tables, V-Look ups, SumIfs etc.)
- Strong ability to self-motivate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly detail oriented, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external customers to maximize performance, creativity, and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication; strong business writing and communication abilities, including the ability to effectively document the procedures performed to complete an assignment, the results found, and conclusion reached
- Experience with NetSuite, Intact, SAP One or any other cloud based ERP
- Experience with ADP, Paychex, Sequoia or any other payroll software
- Experience with Expensify, Bill.com or similar products
- Industry experience in SaaS environment
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
At Aetion, internal pay equity across teams is our top priority. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.