Staff Software Engineer (Replica Analytics)
WELCOME to Aetion! We are one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are a recipients of a number of prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2022 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’s 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Free membership to OneMedical
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learn
Working at Replica Analytics (acquired by Aetion in Jan. 2022) is an opportunity to advance healthcare, AI and privacy at the same time – three of the hottest topics in the world today. We are seeking an experienced enterprise sales professional to drive new sales in the healthcare and life sciences markets. If you enjoy a highly interdiciplinary, innovative and supportive environment, this may be the right job for you.
- Develop and document software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Contribute to the strategic development and execution of the Replica Synthesis platform.
- Provide insights on technology advancements for the platform’s capabilities by ensuring scalability, reliability, and availability.
- Work with other software engineers and tech leads to define software architecture and prototype software stack.
- Assist in the development of relevant features and processes to ensure that machine learning and deep learning capabilities are properly documented and implemented on the Replica Synthesis platform.
- Document each aspect of a system or application as a reference for future upgrades and maintenance.
- Mentor, guide, and develop less senior engineers
- Work closely with product owners to aid in developing roadmaps and setting priorities, offer advice on how to staff projects, make short term vs long term estimates for projects and features
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience writing production-level code in Java, Scala, or Python.
- Experience with distributed computing, particularly Spark and Ray.
- Experience implementing machine learning and deep learning pipelines.
- Experience with ML/DL frameworks such as Scikit Learn, Spark MLlib, SynapseML, PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms. Ability to clearly communicate and reason about complex systems both orally and in written form.
- Ability to prioritize, communicate well, design for repeatability and scalability, exude ownership, and dig beneath the hood with technology.
- Enthusiastic about working in collaborative team environments to find creative solutions for challenging engineering problems.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.