Senior Java Engineer
WELCOME to Aetion! We are a global leader in science-driven technology using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Discover and Substantiate applications, powered by the Aetion Evidence Platform, are used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line. Aetion is headquartered in the US and has expanded throughout Europe with EU headquarters in Barcelona.
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and efficacy research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Strategic partnership with Quinten Health to use Artificial Intelligence and Real-World Evidence to reduce research timelines
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- 25 vacation days
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive private health coverage w/ out-of-network reimbursements options .
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learn
As a science-driven healthcare analytics company with a rapidly growing customer base, Aetion is looking for a software engineer to strengthen our growing engineering team in Spain. As a software engineer on our data analytics team you will be contributing to system architecture discussions and decisions and help with strategy and execution to improve the core analytical backend of Aetion’s platform. You will work closely with our product and science team in providing insights on technology advancements for the platform’s analytical capabilities, ensuring scalability, reliability, and availability is at the forefront of strategic conversations.
- Develop and document software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Contribute to the strategic development and execution of the core analytical backend of Aetion’s platform.
- Provide insights on technology advancements for the platform’s analytical capabilities by ensuring scalability, reliability, and availability.
- Work with other software engineers and tech leads to define software architecture and prototype software stack.
- Assist in the development of relevant features and processes to ensure that statistical programs are properly documented and implemented on Aetion's platform according to generally recognized industry and regulatory standards.
- Ensure continued functionality of a program during maintenance and testing of software
- Document each aspect of a system or application as a reference for future upgrades and maintenance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of prior experience writing production-level code in Java, or Python.
- Experience writing code in Scala, SQL, and/or R nice to have.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience designing complex systems.
- Ability to prioritize, communicate well, design for repeatability and scalability, exude ownership, and dig beneath the hood with technology.
- Enthusiastic about working in collaborative team environments, including partnering with product teams to find creative solutions for challenging engineering problems.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.