Business Development Representative
WELCOME to Aetion! We are one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2023 Best Companies for Women to Advance & Best Companies for People of Color to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2023 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage w/ multiple plan options including an HSA plan with annual Aetion contributions and covered premium costs.
- Free membership to OneMedical
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learns
Aetion is seeking an experienced software sales professional who is passionate about improving Healthcare to accelerate the growth of our recently launched Discover product.
You will be responsible for sourcing, cultivating and developing new business opportunities among prospective and existing customers and will serve as the voice of the customer in coordinating all Aetion client business development interactions.
You will demonstrate a sense of urgency to successfully execute growth plans and new product launches for your assigned target customers. You will deliver relevant messages to and presentations to various buyer personas (including C-suite, SVP/VP levels) within targeted customers and will work to meet and exceed sales objectives in accordance with all applicable company standards.
The following duties include, but are not limited to…
- Envision and develop account growth strategies
- Source, prospect and cultivate potential customers
- Serve as strategic business partner with potential customers responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities with the customer and prospects
- Demonstrate and deliver consistent value proposition of technology
- Work cross-functionally with Science Research and Engagement colleagues to drive solution development that meets complex client business issues
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) or equivalent
- 5+ years of software sales experience into life sciences organizations
- Proven ability to build relationships and establish credibility with senior contacts at prospective customers
- Track record owning sales process end-to-end from prospecting through close
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized
- Self starter
- Experience at high-growth start-up
At Aetion, internal pay equity across teams is our top priority. The base salary range for this position is between $130,000 and $175,000. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.