Director, Real World Data
WELCOME to Aetion! We are a global leader in science-driven technology using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Aetion Evidence Platform is used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line. Aetion is headquartered in the US and has expanded throughout Europe with EU headquarters in Barcelona.
- European Medicines Agency selected Aetion to support safety and efficacy research in Europe
- Collaboration with the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Strategic partnership with Quinten Health to use Artificial Intelligence and Real-World Evidence to reduce research timelines
- Aetion and Cegedim Health Data long-term partnership to expand real-world evidence research in Europe
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2022 Best Companies for Women to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2022 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
PERKS of being an A-Teamer:
- 25 vacation days
- Daily in-office lunch stipend (and a fully stocked kitchen)
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years of employment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities with access to Skillsoft learning experience platform
- Employee-led initiatives including annual company-wide innovation day & DEI resource groups
- Comprehensive private health coverage w/ out-of-network reimbursements options .
- Peer & company recognition programs
- Mental Health & Wellness Benefits
- Monthly educational lunch & learns
As a Director, Real World Data you will be a key team leader responsible for the deep scientific assessment of data sources (e.g. Electronic Medical Records, claims, clinical registries). You’ll also collaborate internally to deploy new data sources and work with the Scientific Data Insights team as they work with clients.
- Develop internal and external frameworks to assess datasets and identify best-fit for various use cases, incl. geographical, regulatory specifics
- Work closely with the internal data strategy team to advise on data opportunities; identify and prioritize prospective data partners in alignment with Aetion’s data strategy
- Advise in-/external stakeholders on best datasets for therapeutic areas and analytic solutions; lead the effort to validate and assess datasets with key internal constituents, and determine key research questions that can be addressed by specific data sources
- In collaboration with internal relationship owners, advise clients on datasets best-fit for their research questions; work collaboratively with Aetion new and prospective customers to understand data needs and requirements
- Communicate with leadership and key internal constituents on data strategy and priorities
- Liaise between external data partners and internal sales, delivery, product and engineering teams to deploy new data sources
- Negotiate and execute data contracts
- 7+ years of operational or management consulting experience using real-world data, with preference for use in life sciences and/or other healthcare industries
- Master’s degree in a science-related field, or Masters equivalent
- Analytical experience with health care data; capabilities in assessingand analyzing real worlddata sets, and longitudinal patient data; experience with choosing and applying real-world data to specific research questions as well as entire therapeutic areas
- Facility to manage data partner, client / customer and internal relationships to drive to consensus and results
- Travel as required
- A master’s degree in (pharmaco)epidemiology or public health
- Hands on experience in secondary data analytics
- Ability to support processes, operations and technology for data set ingestion and implementation
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Exceptional attention to detail and extremely strong problem-solving skills to anticipate and proactively recommend solutions (customer focused attittude)
- Ability to self-motivate and lead others
- Strong written and verbal communications, including with senior executives and customers
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Something looks off?