Supervisor, Technical Training
At Adaptive, we’re Powering the Age of Immune Medicine. Our goal is to harness the power of the adaptive immune system to transform the way diseases are diagnosed and treated.
As an Adapter, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives. With Adaptive, you’ll create a career highlight through collaboration with bright, curious colleagues working at the apex of innovation and application.
It’s time for your next chapter. Discover your story with Adaptive.
Adaptive Biotechnologies is seeking an experienced leader to join our Molecular Diagnostics Training team as Technical Training Supervisor for our high throughput Molecular Laboratory Operations. The MLO Technical Training Supervisor will be a key member of the MLO team at Adaptive and will actively contribute to the direction of Clinical Laboratorian training in support of our fast-growing operations team. This individual will work closely with Laboratory Management, Technical Supervisors, and Cross Functional Specialist teams to design and successfully execute training and development objectives. This individual will be responsible for creating and delivering technical training information for onboarding new hires, as well as providing continuing education for advanced techniques. Training content includes presentation materials, live training activities, and ongoing development and online content.
Position is based at our Seattle, WA headquarters.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Develop, execute, and improve laboratory-wide educational onboarding, and technical training.
- Regularly facilitate live, in-person and virtual training sessions in a compelling and engaging manner with a focus on positive learner outcomes.
- Coach internal facilitators so they arrive at each training engagement prepared to deliver an amazing learning experience
- Incorporate knowledge of molecular techniques to ensure comprehensive and personalized training to a wide range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of applicable FDA, CLIA, CAP and NYS-CLEP standards to ensure training objectives comply with regulatory requirements.
- Accurately demonstrate Good Clinical Laboratory Practices
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant methods, SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and clinical laboratory practices.
- Meet regularly with Laboratory Management to provide feedback as to trainer performance and status of troubleshooting assignments.
- Coordinate work schedules in a specific work area and/or shift as needed to meet throughput and timing goals.
- Exhibit clear and effective communication ensuring that employees are well informed about topics that impact their work, and clinical mindfulness in patient testing.
- Demonstrate proper operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment such as liquid handling robotics and DNA sequencers.
- Teach how to properly enter and track data in a laboratory information database (LIMS - Genologics Clarity).
- Demonstrate expert level understanding of underlying scientific principles of analytical methods.
- Exhibit clear and effective communication to facilitate effective handoff procedure between groups performing onboarding (e.g., HR, Quality, Lab Ops)
- Lead by example and model appropriate cultural and professional behavior.
- Contribute to positive esprit de corps and culture of inclusion and support.
- Maintain continuing education credit requirements.
- Perform training with Clinical Laboratory Technician/Technologist team members on high complexity molecular methods.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Other)
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years related experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree in instructional design, organizational development, education, or a related field is a plus.
- 3+ years Molecular laboratory techniques
- 3+ years in the corporate learning and development preferably in life sciences or technology; Experience working in a startup environment is preferred.
- Proficiency with program/project management, productivity, and collaboration software tools (MS Excel, MS SharePoint, Smartsheet, Tableau, etc.)
- Proficiency with learning content authoring tools (such as, Docebo, etc.)
- Extensive molecular biology skills (e.g., DNA Extraction, Purification, PCR, qPCR, next-generation DNA sequencing) and related technical knowledge.
- Experience with laboratory automation and demonstrated laboratory best practices.
- Experience working with human blood, tissues, cells and/or DNA as well as proper handling of biohazard material.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate across teams and disciplines.
- Ability to work various shifts, including nights and weekends, as needed.
- Self-motivated and can work independently, with minimal supervision, while also working as part of a team environment in a dynamic organization.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- 2+ years working within Adaptive Production Laboratory.
- ASCP(MB) certification.
- Facilitation Skills – demonstrated expertise and comfort facilitating instructor-led training courses to medium to large groups at all levels of the organization.
- Familiar with End-to-End course development – including needs assessment and competency models, instructional design, project management, working with stakeholders and iterating, courseware creation, promotion, and launch.
- Able to artfully communicate complex scientific concepts in concise and clear terms
- A proactive approach to work; strong personal drive and desire for feedback
- Effective project leader able to work autonomously to advance the team toward agreed-upon goals
Individuals are required to sit or stand for much of the workday and perform data entry into computer systems.
Salary Range: $78,600 - $118,000
Other compensation elements include:
- equity grant
- bonus eligible
Interested in this position, but don’t meet all the requirements? Adaptive is committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams across our organization. Please consider applying even if your experience doesn’t match all the qualifications; you may be the exact candidate we’re searching for!
Adaptive is not currently sponsoring candidates requiring work authorization support for this position.
Adaptive’s posted compensation information includes a base salary (or hourly rate) range and summary of other available total compensation. The base salary range represents a minimum-to-maximum salary (or hourly rate) available to candidates upon extension of offer. Base salary is thoughtfully considered upon offer and is determined through multiple evaluation checks throughout the interview process, including: a candidate’s ability to meet minimum qualifications (skills/experience/education), a candidate’s ability to thoughtfully address preferred qualifications, current market conditions, and internal pay equity. Listed base salary is exclusive of bonus, commission, equity, differential pay, benefits, and other incentives.
Adaptive's benefits at-a-glance.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail email@example.com. This email is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Adaptive Biotechnologies values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners who have active agreements with Adaptive. Adaptive Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Adaptive Biotechnologies who is not a member of the Human Resources team.