Senior Software Product Manager
At Adaptive, we’re Powering the Age of Immune Medicine. Our goal is to harness the power of the adaptive immune system to transform the way diseases are diagnosed and treated.
As an Adapter, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives. With Adaptive, you’ll create a career highlight through collaboration with bright, curious colleagues working at the apex of innovation and application.
It’s time for your next chapter. Discover your story with Adaptive.
The Senior Software Product Manager will assist in shaping our software platform that manages our product diagnostics life cycle, spanning from order to results. As an imaginative problem solver, you are at ease operating in a vibrant, high-energy environment. You will contribute to the development of product strategy and vision, and play a significant role in defining product feature roadmaps.
In collaboration with a variety of stakeholders, from life sciences, software engineering, design, operations, and executive teams, you'll help define and introduce new product features to drive business growth. You will take business and customer needs, transform them into potential software solutions, and guide iterative software development cycles. Using metrics, you'll evaluate when customer problems have been resolved effectively. Key responsibilities include collaborating with the business to construct a roadmap addressing key business priorities, maintaining a set of features for your team to implement, rallying your team around a shared product vision, assessing the impact of your changes, and managing communication to ensure the wider organization stays abreast of your team's accomplishments and the promising improvements that are on the horizon.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Develop a comprehensive software product strategy for specific lines of business, ensuring that attention is given to detail and overall business goals are met.
- Foster relationships with business and functional leaders to devise a product roadmap that aligns with both short-term and long-term business goals.
- Serve as a liaison between domain experts in life sciences, immunology, and clinical biology, and transform complex product and business requirements into a clear product roadmap.
- Oversee the different phases of the product life cycle, from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Collaborate with software engineering leaders and teams to deliver product features based on the established roadmap.
- Set and review goals, using metrics to identify opportunities for improvement and to measure success.
- Meticulously document product requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria to ensure efficient communication and workflow across teams.
- Facilitate effective communication with all stakeholders, including engineering, design, marketing, customer success, and executive teams to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation, helping to ensure that product development keeps pace with technological advancements, market trends, and customer needs in the biotech industry.
- Champion and clearly articulate customer needs, incorporating customer feedback and user experience research into the product development process, and implementing measures to gauge the impact of product decisions on user satisfaction and adoption.
- Contribute to risk management strategies in the product development process, taking into account considerations such as data security and regulatory compliance.
- Proactively contribute to team growth and knowledge sharing, helping to foster a culture of continuous learning and development.
- Demonstrate ability to self-manage and stay driven, with excellent organizational and time management skills. Proactively push projects forward with a high degree of autonomy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Other)
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience or a Masters with at least 5 years of related experience; substantial experience in Software Product Management is preferred.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience managing all aspects of a product lifecycle, from conception to launch and iterative improvements. Must have led at least 3 successful product launches.
- Proven experience in creating and refining customer-centric experiences, with at least 3 unique projects from inception to deployment as evidence.
- Demonstrable experience with feature trade-offs and prioritization, evidenced by 3+ successful projects where strategic decisions led to positive adoption metrics.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in building a product roadmap that aligns with business goals, shown by successful project delivery in collaboration with business and functional leaders.
- At least 3 years of experience working directly with engineering teams to deliver product features in line with the product roadmap.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an agile product development environment, with a strong ability to lead and share learnings with team members.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to influence internal and external teams, evidenced by successful high-stake project collaborations or partnerships.
- Significant experience or exposure to the biotechnology or healthcare industry, backed by multiple projects or roles in the sector that illustrate a deep understanding of its unique challenges and opportunities.
- Profound understanding of regulatory compliance issues related to the biotech industry, demonstrated by successful navigation of such issues within multiple projects or roles.
- Advanced understanding of data security principles, particularly in a context that involves sensitive patient data, supported by multiple projects where these principles were crucial.
- Master's degree in a relevant field such as Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biotechnology, or a related discipline.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment, such as a startup or high-growth company in the biotech industry.
- Basic knowledge of bioinformatics or the ability to effectively liaise with experts in this area.
- Familiarity with genomics or immunology.
- Experience in delivering biotech or healthcare software products to market.
- Familiarity with cloud-based technology and its application in a biotech setting.
- Basic understanding of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and their applications in the biotech sector.
- Primarily work in an office environment and work from home.
- Regular weekday work hours, with occasional weekend/after-hours planned or unplanned work as needed.
- Some travel for team building events and project related work.
Salary Range: $132,000 - $198,000
Other compensation elements include:
- equity grant
- bonus eligible
Interested in this position, but don’t meet all the requirements? Adaptive is committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams across our organization. Please consider applying even if your experience doesn’t match all the qualifications; you may be the exact candidate we’re searching for!
Adaptive is not currently sponsoring candidates requiring work authorization support for this position.
Adaptive’s posted compensation information includes a base salary (or hourly rate) range and summary of other available total compensation. The base salary range represents a minimum-to-maximum salary (or hourly rate) available to candidates upon extension of offer. Base salary is thoughtfully considered upon offer and is determined through multiple evaluation checks throughout the interview process, including: a candidate’s ability to meet minimum qualifications (skills/experience/education), a candidate’s ability to thoughtfully address preferred qualifications, current market conditions, and internal pay equity. Listed base salary is exclusive of bonus, commission, equity, differential pay, benefits, and other incentives.
Adaptive's benefits at-a-glance.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail email@example.com. This email is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Adaptive Biotechnologies values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners who have active agreements with Adaptive. Adaptive Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Adaptive Biotechnologies who is not a member of the Human Resources team.