Account Manager (Philadelphia)
At Adaptive, we’re Powering the Age of Immune Medicine. Our goal is to harness the power of the adaptive immune system to transform the way diseases are diagnosed and treated.
As an Adapter, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives. With Adaptive, you’ll create a career highlight through collaboration with bright, curious colleagues working at the apex of innovation and application.
It’s time for your next chapter. Discover your story with Adaptive.
This position is responsible for growing and developing the clonoSEQ business in strategic accounts. Leverage account-specific business plans to define opportunities and establish plans to deepen and expand the credibility of Adaptive – develop plans to sufficiently allocate resources to achieve exceptional account management. Successful Key Account Managers work in close collaboration with Clinical Services, Market Access, Marketing, Medical Affairs and Legal. The successful candidate will leverage cross-functional support to generate sales through strategic and tactical activities, coordinate appropriate customer support, and follow-through to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat usage of our flagship product clonoSEQ. Additionally, high priority is placed on depth of knowledge in the oncology market and functional knowledge in the clinical/scientific aspects of cancer diagnosis and treatment. Customer segments will focus on academic centers and hospital owned/affiliated community oncology.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Establish effective territory strategies which further Adaptive’s goals in select targeted key accounts by developing account-specific business plans which prioritize and leverage internal resources.
- Identify, develop and maintain high-value relationships with KOLs, oncologist’s, hospitals and core labs.
- Effectively build a short/medium/long term sales pipeline and manage the necessary levels of sales leads, prospects and opportunities.
- Build a comprehensive knowledge of customers and prospects including the overall market, customer needs, personnel and responsibilities, budgeting, knowing their funding processes and the competition.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, access to, and the ability to influence all key stakeholders in targeted accounts. (Oncologists, BMT, Hematology Pathologist, Executive Leadership, Lab personnel, etc.)
- Attend identified relevant national/reginal/local education meetings and conferences, maximizing opportunities at these events to deepen and expand the credibility of Adaptive.
- Deliver compelling sales presentations: close initial business, follow-up and identify repeat business while building a network of referrals.
- Facilitate negotiation of sales opportunities within company-established parameters, including associated purchase orders and/or quotations.
- Participate in/facilitate account agreements, educational programs, training and customer support efforts working with Adaptive’s internal partners. (Clinical Services, Market Access, Marketing, Medical Affairs, etc.)
- Coordinate and communicate sales activities and strategies to management while defining resource requirements.
- Develop and maintain all account/contact details within Customer Relationship Management database (SFDC).
- Utilize sales tracking tools to effectively monitor and direct customer purchase activities.
- Provide regular and accurate sales forecast updates.
- Satisfy all product and technology training requirements as established by management.
- Comply with all Federal and State laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Adaptive’s activities.
- Business travel, by air, train or car is required for regular internal and external business meetings.
- BA/BS or Master’s degree in Life Sciences or related field
- Strong technical background in molecular biology, genomics, next generation sequencing or immunology a plus.
- 5 – 7 years of successful sales experience in hematology, oncology, biotech, life science or diagnostic sales. Oncology lab service background a plus.
- Well-developed professional and strategic selling skills with a proven ability to grow key accounts by building and leveraging networks inside and outside the life science and research areas of key institutions. Demonstrated ability to convert qualified leads into closed sales.
- Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to illustrate potential opportunities for our technologies applications.
- Strategic account management, previous experience in developing & implementing attainable account-specific business plans is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, with the goals of bringing the appropriate resources to a specific customer need. Excited about an early stage company environment that may require greater self-sufficiency.
- Experience with effective utilization of salesforce.com or similar CRM database a plus.
- Ability to travel approximately 40%
Salary Range: $152,000 - $228,000
Other compensation elements include:
- equity grant
- incentive compensation
- transportation reimbursement
Interested in this position, but don’t meet all the requirements? Adaptive is committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams across our organization. Please consider applying even if your experience doesn’t match all the qualifications; you may be the exact candidate we’re searching for!
Adaptive is not currently sponsoring candidates requiring work authorization support for this position.
Adaptive’s posted compensation information includes a base salary (or hourly rate) range and summary of other available total compensation. The base salary range represents a minimum-to-maximum salary (or hourly rate) available to candidates upon extension of offer. Base salary is thoughtfully considered upon offer and is determined through multiple evaluation checks throughout the interview process, including: a candidate’s ability to meet minimum qualifications (skills/experience/education), a candidate’s ability to thoughtfully address preferred qualifications, current market conditions, and internal pay equity. Listed base salary is exclusive of bonus, commission, equity, differential pay, benefits, and other incentives.
Adaptive's benefits at-a-glance.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail email@example.com. This email is created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Adaptive Biotechnologies values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners who have active agreements with Adaptive. Adaptive Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Adaptive Biotechnologies who is not a member of the Human Resources team.